cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does Jabber for Windows/Jabber for Mac support ICE/STUN/TURN?

Adam Pawlowski
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I don't see any documentation in the release notes past some early versions of 9 explicitly saying that Jabber does _not_ support these items, and there appear to be configuration settings for these listed under the Client Services Framework device - so, do Jabber clients that use the CSF support ICE?

I'm in a really rough design scenario where I want to be able to support Deskphone/CTI control of devices for Jabber users, but, we have clients who may be on mobile/laptop devices, or even mobile clients on our Wi-Fi network. That network was, unfortunately, designed to NAT internally and I am not able to route around it. Making matters worse we have single DNS zone for internal/external usage.

I can push these users with telephony via configuration to a voice services domain that contains a service record for the collaboration edge, but, then they must give up their deskphone control option.

Is there any alternative that I haven't run into? We do have a VPN concentrator and can possibly suggest that users must connect to the VPN before roaming voice service is supported, but, this is also sort of lame.

Earlier release notes had said that Jabber does not support STUN/ICE/TURN and I know this breaks voice services pretty badly, but, visual voicemail (REST) should work through NAT. Does IM and Presence? I haven't had the opportunity to stand up and test this formally but it appears that the answer to that is no.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Regards,

Adam

2 Replies 2

thlamber
Level 5
Level 5

No, at this time Jabber does not support ICE/STUN/TURN

Hi thlamber , do we have any reference documentation for this perhaps? If only a backlog mentioning of some sorts or something similar? Greatly appreciated, thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: