Views
Helpful
Replies

Does MP 8.5 support on-prem Audio only deployement

shanee420
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

I am trying to spec a solution for on-premise audio only conferencing and I am not sure  if MP 8.5 can be used as a completely on-premise solution for audio only (Web conferencing not required)?

I am getting conflicting answers from DocWiki and Orderging Guide.

The ordering guide states "1. If the customer requires a completely on-premise solution, choose Unified MeetingPlace 7.0".

However, the following DocWiki link seems to suggest Audio only conferencing solution is supported with MP 8.5 release

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Cisco_Unified_MeetingPlace_Release_8.5_--_Deployment_Options_for_Cisco_Unified_MeetingPlace_Release_8.5

It doesnt mention the word "on-premise" but audio only deployment doesnt require any integration with Webex, so I would assume this means on-premise solution is supported. Can someone confirm please?

I also have a query regarding licenses. I am starting with TLPN MP8-SW, however i dont understant how many user licenses the following item gives:

MP8-AUDIO-10 "MeetingPlace 8.x Audio User Addon - 10 users"

Does it give 10 user licenses? or 1?

I need to specify licenses for 60 concurrent users and I am not sure what quantity of  item "MP8-AUDIO-10"  I am supposed to use, 6 or 60.

Can someone confirm please?

This is the first time I am invovled in a conferencing solution, so apologies if the questions are a bit daft

Regards,

Zeeshan

Message was edited on June 5, 2013: Kelli Glass, Cisco Collaboration Community moderator, added community categories and tags for greater ease in filtering posts (no change to content).

11 Replies 11

jdedell12
Level 5
Level 5

Zeeshan,

Yes MeetingPlace 8.5 supports on-prem audio only.  You can schedule meetings using Outlook.  All that is needed is a single server unless you want recording.  Retreiving audio recording requires a MP web server. 

If you have CUWL Pro you get a MP license for every CUWL Pro user. 

When you say you want 60 concurrent users is that 60 meetings or a total of 60 users in a meeting?  With MP 8.5 the licenseing has changed.  It is now an Active User license and a license is only used by the Host of the meeting and not by the participants.  The only limit to the number of concurrent users on the system is the hardware that was used.  The SKU needed to order Active user licenses is L-MP8X-USR-1.  You will need one of these for each active user licenses you want with a minumum of 10 licenses.

Hope this helps.

John

Hi John,

Thanks for the response. The customer has CUWL standard. So I am spec'ing Ala carte/ UCL licenses.

The concurrent user perspective is coming from the old licensing model where concurrent user licenses dictated the total number of users that can dial into the system at any one time. So I have been given the requirement based on this understanding i guess with a number of 60 in mind.

I am trying to understand the current licensing model. Thanks for shedding some light on it.

to put it into perspective, our customer has 342 users. They want all of their users to be able to schedule audio meetings. Now let's say they want 60 simultanous conferences, what do i need to spec?

How does the below spec look like?

MP8-SWMP8-SWMeetingPlace 8.x Software1
MP8-AUDIOMP8-AUDIOMeetingPlace 8.x Audio Concurrent Users60
MP8-WEBSCHED-EXPMP8-WEBSCHED-EXPMeetingPlace 8.x Web Scheduling Auto-Expansion2
MP8-AUDIO-10MP8-AUDIO-10MeetingPlace 8.x Audio User Addon - 10 users60
MP8-WEBSCHEDMP8-WEBSCHEDMeetingPlace 8.x Web Scheduling1

As far as I understand the above spec would provide me with 600 User Connect Licenses (600 users can host the meetings) and 60 ports (60 concurrent meetings can be held). Is that the right understanding?

Here is the new SKUs for MP 8.5

Product Number

Description

List Price ($US)

Minimum

Maximum

L-MP8X-LIC

Top level Ordering

N/A

N/A

N/A

L-MP8X-USR-1

MeetingPlace 8.5 Audio/Video User

$80

MP8X-SW-K9

Top level Ordering

N/A

N/A

N/A

MP8X-AV-SVR-K9

Audio/Video server or Meeting Director

$24,995

None

MP8X-WB-MCS-K9

MP 8.x Scheduling Server for MCS     (Audio Only Option)

$24,995

None

None

MP8X-WB-UCS-K9

MP 8.x Scheduling Server for UCS       (Audio Only Option)

$24,995

None

None

Sizing has completly changed with the new Active user model.  You no longer need to license for all users on conference calls like in the pass.  You need to license for the number of concurrent host (meetings) you want to have.  The total capacity of the system is now only limited by the hardware and not the licenses.  So for 60 concurrent meetings you need to order 60 L-MP8X-USR-1.

Hope this helps

John

Thanks,

I was looking at an old ordering guide. Just downloaded the new ordering guide for 8.5. Will probably ask more questions once I go through it.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Regards,

Zeeshan

Hi John,

Your statement is quite confusing to others. 60x 'L-MP8X-USR-1' means 60 MP8.5 users have rights to host or schedule the conference session.

Concurrent meeting ports will be discovered based on the hardware platform in use: HMS or EMS (MCS, UCS C200/C210/B200).

Rgd,

Shadab

MeetingPlace 8.5 uses User licensing so if you order 60 licenses that means you can have up to 60 concurrent audio conferences.  All users can schedule meetings as there is no limit here.  The hardware determines the total number of participants that can concurrently be on conference calls.  So if you deploy a C210 server with CUCM 8.5 or above the system will support 1200 concurrent meeting participants (at G.711) in up to 60 concurrent meetings.

Hope this helps

John

Hi,

Is it that the number of concurrent Audio only meetings with MP 8.5/8.6 depends on the number of Users licenses ?

Can a licensed user schedule more than one meeting ( on behalf of several other users ) at a given point of time, as long as the server is free with enough ports to accommodate all the participants in all those meetings ?

In our Scenario, customer rely on IT helpdesk (having single licence)  to schedule meetings for various departments and there can be many meetings at a time.

Appreciate your reply.

Hi,

I need the voice recording feature . Does it mean i need to have two UCS, one for audio only deployment and the other one for Web Server ?

What is the SKU for Web Server ?

Hi Allen,

As far as I understand Web Scheduling requires a separate server. Given below is the sku for Web Server.

Instance
  Name
Catalog NumDescriptionQtyVerified StatusDiscount %Unit

Price
Materials
MP8X-SW-K9MP8X-SW-K9MP
  8.x Top Level
1Verified0.000.00
MP8X-WB-MCS-K9MP8X-WB-MCS-K9MP
  8.x Scheduling Server for MCS (Not reqd. with WebEx)
1 0.0024,995.00

See here I had this exact thread a while back

https://communities.cisco.com/message/63510#63510 **please note that this URL is accessible only to Cisco Partners

You need web server for storing the recordings. Any reason why you arent looking at CWMS?

Srini

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: