Views
Helpful
Replies

DX80 Setup - Jabber - Directory - Issues

Nicolas MICHEL
Level 1
Level 1

Hey there !

I have some DX80 devices here for testing purposes and I have to implement them. I have faced some issues that I found very disturbing for a devices that has been marketed in a very good way.

I am first very surprised how the setup is done and this can be greatly improved. Also I have some weird behavior :

• Jabber Setup: I couldn't find in the docs if Jabber for DX80 uses cuplogin or cisco-uds SRV records. I think the version should be aligned between the devices
  • I don't understand why there is a Jabber App that is used for IM only and if you want to call it launches the phone app and trigger a call ... Kinda disturbing when you use jabber daily.
  • If you add a favorite user into Jabber app, it does not add the user into the favorite widgets on the main screen ... You have to go into the phone app to be able to add a favorite contact
  • After a reboot, I have to log again onto Jabber.
  • Jabber Certificates: I didn't install my root CA yet on the device but every time I log into jabber, it prompts me for the certificate on the IM and P server .. isn't it supposed to keep the certificate in its store after a reboot ?
  • After a reboot I have all my favorite contact on my widgets., If I log onto Jabber, some of the contacts disappear or loose their pictures ... (Pictures are on a web server that is always reachable)
  • I don't understand why do we have to setup a voicemail profile on the device since in Jabber we can retrieve the voicemail using the service-profile configuration.
  • Directory Search: indeed it does a direct LDAP lookup and does not take into account the Jabber-config.xml that you can setup (no web based pictures and no UDS)

Hope the software gets better as the time goes :)

Nicolas

1 Reply 1

kdotten36
Level 3
Level 3

I agree with your second point.  It feels clunky and confusing to launch Jabber just to realize I have to swap over to the Call app in order to actually do anything like check voicemails or make calls.  Call app, really?

I'm having a ton of audio issues as well.  The microphone is awful and the playback is muffled whether using the built-in speakers or a headset, but regular audio is fine like playing a youtube video.  Also, I can only listen to voicemails once, then I cannot open them again, almost as if they're locked.  

I really don't understand this device after having such high hopes for it.