cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Email message in Spark room

Alpesh Sarvaiya
Level 4
Level 4

Is there a way to post the Email on Spark? Copy paste doesn't work especially for jpeg or html pages.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jminasia
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Alpesh,

Could you clarify what Cisco Spark client you are having a problem with pasting?

There is currently no "email to spark" feature available, I believe that's what you are asking about.

Regards,

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

jminasia
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Alpesh,

Could you clarify what Cisco Spark client you are having a problem with pasting?

There is currently no "email to spark" feature available, I believe that's what you are asking about.

Regards,

Yes Jean, your understanding is correct.

Although, we are not looking at a direct functionality of sending mail on Spark room, copy paste of html pages doesn't work.

For eg. if i want to paste the Webex invite in spark room, everything gets jumbled.

I guess this is a simple ask and should be resolved.

Regards,

Alpesh

When will this come? this is a very helpful simple feature to allow content to be added to a room.

len.wolf1953
Level 1
Level 1

I've used a work-a-round for this. Simply save your email message in Outlook Message format - Binary to your computer, then upload the file as an attachment. The file can then be downloaded and opened with no loss of fidelity.

Len

Check out the bot here email2 spark

Spark Depot: Bots

Not what I am looking for. What I would like to do is have an email address for a room than enables me to attached/send an email to an existing room.

This is what we are looking for:

Send emails to Slack – Slack Help Center

Len - This is true, but fairly painful and time consuming.

Keap
Level 4
Level 4

There is an email 2 spark bot. Spark Depot: Email2Spark

A user interacts with the Email2Spark Bot through email, and then the Bot will take care of the rest! To use the Bot:

1. Find the email thread that you would like to move to a new Spark Room.
  2. Reply-all to the email thread. In the BCC line, add "move@email2spark.com". Note: not all email clients show the BCC line by default. Make sure you are adding the Bot's email address in the BCC line.
  3. That's it! In a few minutes, the Bot will receive your email message, create a Spark room with a copy of your email thread, and then leave the newly created Spark room.
  4. All members of the original email thread will also receive an email confirmation with a link to the newly created Spark room.

Caution: This is a great way to invite a large group of external customers to join Spark as well, however make sure no email distribution lists (either internal to Cisco or customer mailers) are in the thread, which could cause a large volume of email to be distributed to the incorrect people.

Dan

I already posted it above it doesn't work for the use case, it is meant for moving a thread to a new spark room not for sending an email to an existing room

Putting email in an existing room is important for us, too.  I would like to see this feature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: