cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Email to spark

zmiller013
Level 5
Level 5

I have some client who seem very interested in using spark as part of their collaboration effort.  Of course email is a critical part of their collaboration today and that is how they follow up on emails.  With the size of these companies, it is hard to just do a hard cutover to anything and usually new projects are phased with power users, training, and a gradual adoption.  With that in mind, is there any integration with email and spark where you can email to a spark room?  I think this is something that would be very important to increase the adoption of spark as a project management and meeting follow up platform.

Thanks!

Zach

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Check out the developer site, there maybe API to use. Nothing out of the box. That would be your best bet

https://developer.ciscospark.com/

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Check out the developer site, there maybe API to use. Nothing out of the box. That would be your best bet

https://developer.ciscospark.com/

Ashish Patel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As Srini says check out the integration in Spark if they have been turned on for you.  I went to my Spark (web) site and on the right I have a drop down for Integration.  I am not a programmer , but when I saw how easy this was I investigated further.  I used Zapier (created a free 15 day account - other integrations exist too so feel free to investigate).  I created a demo zap which monitors a few twitter feeds that I am interested in which gets pushed into a team Spark room.  Having looked at your use case there are some mail apps which may work here's a screen shot on what I found reference Office 365.  I would encourage you to try some things yourself if you have some time. Also I discovered the entire list of Spark zaps or integrations at Zapier are listed The best apps. Better together. - Zapier

zapier.JPG.

Good luck

ashish

Response Signature

You can also do this with IFTT which is free compared to Zapier which is fee-based. There are many more business friendly integrations in Zapier so its worth the price, but for what you are describing its not needed.

Just create a recipe where the this trigger is the Email channel and then either choose to use any email or a tagged email. Both work fine. Then set the that to the Cisco Spark channel and you can choose from the available options which include create a new room, add users, post files or post messages to existing rooms. If you select an option for an existing room you just need to select the room you want to use from the list.