Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error with installing Spark on Windows 10

Hello Guys,

i have problems installing Spark on my Windows 10. I downloaded the Spark Installer and when i start the Installation, the Installer downloads the Application and then shows following error (Translated from German):

The application can not be started

The application files can not be retrieved. In the deployment files are corrupted.

Attached is the Error Message and the Log provided.

Can anybody help?

Kind regards,

Benjamin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Patrick,

thanks for your reply.

The rundll didn't worked for me, but it gave me a good direction. I looked at the Temp folder and i could see, that the installation Files where deleted during the Download. Last time the Downloads got to the end, but this time the Download where interrupted.

So i asked my self, who would delete the Files from the Temp Folder without any message? -> My Antivirus!

I disabled it and then the Installation worked.

After that i activated my Antivirus again and Spark is still working.

Kind regards

Benjamin

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

lpratt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Windows 10 is not officially supported yet.

Louis

Hi Louis,

Is there an update on when Windows 10 will be supported?

Thank you,

Mike

pgustavs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I successfully installed Spark on a non English windows 10 version. The installation files might have become corrupt during download?

I suggest you attempt to clear the ClickOnce download cache and then attempt to download and install again.

Open a command prompt and run the following command

rundll32 %windir%\system32\dfshim.dll CleanOnlineAppCache

Hi Patrick,

thanks for your reply.

The rundll didn't worked for me, but it gave me a good direction. I looked at the Temp folder and i could see, that the installation Files where deleted during the Download. Last time the Downloads got to the end, but this time the Download where interrupted.

So i asked my self, who would delete the Files from the Temp Folder without any message? -> My Antivirus!

I disabled it and then the Installation worked.

After that i activated my Antivirus again and Spark is still working.

Kind regards

Benjamin

Hi Benjamin,

Great that you found out the problem and solution. Please mark the question as answered and get yourself a new anti virus program

Regards,

Patrik