cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Every time I try to use PollBot to run a survey it always tells me "No one has answered the poll yet...". What am I doing wrong?

I have tried to use PollBot ( https://apphub.webex.com/bots/pollbot-cisco-systems-1990 | https://developer.cisco.com/ecosystem/webex/apps/pollbot-cisco-systems-1990/ ) to run a survey within one of my employer's Spark Webex for teams spaces.  I tested this by creating a space with only the PollBot, Helpbot and another staff members in.  I went through the process of creating, adding questions and publishing the poll but if I ever queried the results or ended the poll, it was always informed: "No one has answered the poll yet...".  

Now the other staff member might be fibbing when they tell me they have answered the test poll but I am inclined to believe them.  

Has anyone else had success running polls or surveys with this bot?
Do I need some king od special permissions to run the poll or the bot?

#Webex #Webex For Teams #pollbot

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

A little late to reply but placing in case its of use to others.

There's a particular order I found to have a poll running successfully.  Create the poll, add questions, add users, publish the poll.  This is with pollbot 2.0

https://developer.cisco.com/ecosystem/webex/apps/pollbot-2-0-cisco-systems/

e.g.

• @pollbot create 'This is a test poll'
  • @pollbot question 'Did you receive the pollbot question?' : yes, no
  • @pollbot user foo@bar.com, foo1@bar.com, foo2@bar.com
  • @pollbot publish

If the pollbot is in a room and you have created the questions there and want to add all users (apparently up to 25)  you can run '@pollbot user * '  which then adds everyone in the room, however it won't add the person who created the poll.  To do that you need to explicitly add that account to the user list.

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Having the same issue, assuming I just don't know how to respond to the poll. Can't find any resources anywhere about the proper way to respond.

@LincolnAuker0390 wrote:

Having the same issue, assuming I just don't know how to respond to the poll. Can't find any resources anywhere about the proper way to respond.

I do not think the person setting the poll can respond to it.  I had not tried being on the receiving end of poll questions so I guess there is a chance the other person I was testing with made a mistake when they thought they were answering.  

AFAIK they got a direct message from the bot with instructions on how to respond to the series of questions posted.  

A little late to reply but placing in case its of use to others.

There's a particular order I found to have a poll running successfully.  Create the poll, add questions, add users, publish the poll.  This is with pollbot 2.0

https://developer.cisco.com/ecosystem/webex/apps/pollbot-2-0-cisco-systems/

e.g.

• @pollbot create 'This is a test poll'
  • @pollbot question 'Did you receive the pollbot question?' : yes, no
  • @pollbot user foo@bar.com, foo1@bar.com, foo2@bar.com
  • @pollbot publish

If the pollbot is in a room and you have created the questions there and want to add all users (apparently up to 25)  you can run '@pollbot user * '  which then adds everyone in the room, however it won't add the person who created the poll.  To do that you need to explicitly add that account to the user list.

Hope this helps

Thank you for the response, that is quite different from the instructions on the bot page on in the help.  I am not sure the users command was even mentioned!

I was about to try this out but it seems your advice may be too late for everyone as when I tried to use the bot today I got: 
This iteration of PollBot has been discontinued; please use mailto:poll-bot@webex.botfor all future polling needs.

I shall see if I can get the new bot to behave.  

For the new version 2.0 bot this procedure works perfectly. Thank you for the help.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: