cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Filter Jabber Contacts

jim.stengle
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to filter admin accounts from showing in Jabber contacts - but still have them available in the CUCM directory. 

We want users to access CUCM using their admin account, but do not want anyone trying to reach them via that account using Jabber. 

Everything I have tried has not worked. This includes trying to filter Search Base to exclude any OU with Admin in it, Common Name filters excluding *admin... and a few others. 

Any thoughts or ideas?

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to start by mentioning what you use for directory source in Jabber.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Sorry... We use Active Directory. Also, I am trying to use the Jabber Client Configuration under UC Service in CUCM to make the changes. 

We have most of our admin accounts in few OUs. Also, we filter on users with the ipPhone field populated. So to allow admin accounts to propagate to CUCM, we give admin accounts a dummy extension which is a 1 prepended to their actual extension. So jdoe would have x1234 and jdoeadm would have x11234.

I tried to filter on phone numbers less than 10000. This did not work.

I am not seemingly able to apply NOT logic, for example: Directory --- Common Name --- (!(*adm))

Jabber communicate with the LDAP source by itself. Meaning that the content in CM for synchronised users is not directly relevant. Can you please share the filter that you use for LDAP so that we can verify that?

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: