cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How does Jabber find contacts?

Kent Drugge
Level 1
Level 1

CUCM, CUC, IMP 11.5 (Background) So a vendor set this up a long time ago. Using LDAP, our staff are in the "Users" container. The Cucm sync looks to "Users" with Cisco DN/Jabber permission. Then I see them in User Management > End Users. Now on my pc jabber search spot, I put the staff members name and it finds them, woohoo. (ISSUE) I'm putting a Device, Dx80-2100, in the "Voip" container, I duplicate my sync with "Voip" container. User Management > End Users sees the Device. But pc jabber does not find this device Dx80-2100.  The pc jabber only sees things in "Users" and not "Voip",  SO, is there some config for Jabber I'm unaware of that says Search in AD "Users" for jabber contacts ? Because it's does not seem to be searching CUCM > End Users.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution
4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Review the Jabber documentation, particularly, the contact source chapter. 

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Jamie, Thank you for this reply. I downloaded a few jabber documents, but none showed a Contact Source chapter. Can you tell me the name of the document you are referring to ?  Thanks,

Thank you, the doc search i was using did not get me to those. Great !  Everyone be safe out there.