cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to configure maximum number of persistent group chat that can be added to my rooms

Bryan Wulfric
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

Does anybody know how to configure maximum number of persistent group chat that can be added to my rooms? My Jabber on Windows (version 11.5) is restricted to 32 room that can be added to My Rooms. If i try to add more room, it show error message : "You have reached the maximum number of rooms. Please delete a room from your list in order to add a new one."

I've modified jabber-config.xml, adding MaxNumberOfBookmarks client parameter, and then restart TFTP service. But it's still no luck.

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

Mark Swanson
Level 4
Level 4

Yeah, I experienced the same "problem" several months ago. I reached out to TAC as well as the Developers about it. This appears to be a feature limitation. According to the Parameter Reference Guide for Cisco Jabber 11.5;

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/11_5/CJAB_BK_J06BEF2D_00_jabber-parameters-reference-guide-115/CJAB_BK_J06BEF2D_00_jabber-parameters-reference-guide-115_chapter_010.html

30 (default) is the MaxNumberOfBookmarks

I am a little surprise you were able to join 32 chat rooms since TAC conducted a test and claimed, they were only able to join 30 chat rooms after they changed the MaxNumberOfBookmarks to 35. When they joined the 31 chat room, they received an error message which mirrors my results as well. By any chance, are you accidentally counting P2P or Adhoc Chat Rooms?