cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to: Create a chat room in Jabber for Win client??

Lee Pipkin
Level 4
Level 4

Persistent chat is configured and checked out working, connection to external DB is good.  I can create a chat room just fine in CUPC 8.5.4 and other contacts join fine in CUPC and Jabber for Win.  However, I do not even see the "create a chat room" or File New Chat Room option within the Jabber for Window client on Windows 7 x64.    What am I missing here?

12 Replies 12

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This feature is not yet implemented in the Jabber code base. You need to continue using CUPC if this is a functional requirement for now. You will need to ask your Cisco AM for product roadmap and timing information; I cannot provide that here.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Very useful info. Did not see that anywhere in the docs.  Thanks Jonathan!

Hmmmm......

Any tips of getting Jabber users added to the CUPC created rooms?

Can create rooms using CUPC however cant get jabber users to find the rooms etc....

Hi James

Not possible at the moment - the feature just isn't implemented yet in JfW as Jonathan mentioned above.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Yeah, saw that post from Jonathon.

I was more interested where Lee stated "I can create a chat room just fine in CUPC 8.5.4 and other contacts join fine in CUPC and Jabber for Win"

I understand from a chat room "creation" perspective that this is not acheivable from Jabber. But if the room was already there, how can  jabber user find it.

Hi James,

The jabber users cannot "Find" the chat room.  The person using CUPC invites the participants that may be using jabber etc etc... To my knowledge thats the only way they can get into the chat room from the jabber client (being invited into the chat room)

-Lee

Thanks Lee,

Yeah I got that far as inviting a Jabber user. The Jabber user gets the invite however cannot participate in the room.

All too hard. Hopefully this is a feature soon to come to Jabber considering it is supposed to take over CUPC

I am wonder how to create the create persistent chat room in Cisco Jabber for Windows version?

i have configured the persistent chat room for my Cisco Unified IM and Presence server and external database. But how should the user to create the chat room for persistent purpose?

This is not available as yet for Jabber.

Feedback from CISCO is "Target is 2nd half CY2013 - post 9.3" Not sure exactly and never count on it as dates slide especially with Jabber.

Cheers!

Any update on how to create chat room in Cisco Jabber for windows version.Is it still not implemented for Cisco jabber???

Please reply....

Just got done answering this same question

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/4112147#4112147

VLT06
Level 3
Level 3

From my many enquiries, Jabber 9.7 will have persistent chat and is due before xmas. Unfortunately though this feature will require IM&P 10.0. which also means CUCM 10.

So if you also have ICM and other adjuncts, they too will require 10. Can become very costly for chat rooms...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: