Views
Helpful
Replies

How to deploy multiple internal domain in IM

Bryan Wulfric
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I have a requirement to deploy multiple internal domain in Cisco IM and Presence server. Let's say there are 3 group of user that are willing to login to Cisco Jabber using 3 different internal domain. For example : user1@domain-a.com, user1@domain-b.com, user1@domain-c.com.

How to achieve this condition? How many CUCM or IM & Presence server that are needed?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you're running 10.5+, only one cluster, if you're running 9.x or below, 3 clusters.

Simply configure flexible JID on your IM&P and if there are several domains, that will turn your IM&P into a multi-domain server.

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/CUPS/IM%26P_FAQ#How_to_configure_flexible_JID_and_multi-domain_on_IM.26P.3F.3F

I also suggest you search cisco.com for the above terms to get more insight on this.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you're running 10.5+, only one cluster, if you're running 9.x or below, 3 clusters.

Simply configure flexible JID on your IM&P and if there are several domains, that will turn your IM&P into a multi-domain server.

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/CUPS/IM%26P_FAQ#How_to_configure_flexible_JID_and_multi-domain_on_IM.26P.3F.3F

I also suggest you search cisco.com for the above terms to get more insight on this.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,

Thank you for your clue.

Hi Jaime,

I'm running CUCM 10.5 and IM & P 10.5. If i'm using local user in CUCM (UDS), is it possible to use flexible JID?

Thanks.

Hi Jaime Valencia,

How are you doing today? I hope fine.

I have a doubt related to this subject. I think you already have this configuration in the lab and can help me.

I have a case where there are multiple email domains for one company. they are incoporate news companies. 

Nowadays we have this example cenario:

users with email address:

• username.lastname@acme.com
  • username.lastname@looneytunes.com.br
  • username.lastname@loonaticsgroup.com

This customer already had jabber in use, and has now consolidated the Collaboration services in a single centralized cluster of CUCM, CUCM IM & P, CUC, UCCX in South America and Central America.

It also acquired Expresssway C and E to be configured with MRA, B2B and Federation services.

Although everyone has extensions, voicemail, the jabber service is assisting employees with email / uri: username.lastname@acme.com In order to serve the other users of this company with other email domains, should I also configure the IM Address Scheme to Directory URI and include the other domains in the IM Presence Server and create the SRV entries for the new domains <looneytunes.com.br> and <loonaticsgroup.com> pointing to the (cisco-uds) and (cuplogin), is there something else to do?  and about Expressway ?

Best regards,

Daniel 

Daniel Sobrinho

Hi All !

I'm looking for a solution to a case similar to @dsobrinho 

I haven't found anything current yet, and I'm wondering if I should add domains to LDAP Directory

Today I already have an integration with AD. For other distinct ADs, does CUCM support more than one configured LDAP?

Ex:
I would like to authenticate

@ company1
@ company2

They are different ADs and have no trust with each other.

Translated by google