Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber getting stuck on sign-in screen

Steve Clarke
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Manage a fleet of about 120 iPhones (DEP enrolled and MDM via Airwatch) running Jabber.

At random Jabber will get stuck on the sign-in screen. Displaying "Your username or password is not correct". Screenshot attached. Yes, end users may have entered the incorrect details, except there is no way to go back to the first sign-in screen. Tried the standard close app, reboot phone etc. Jabber is still stuck on this screen.

Workaround for this issue at the moment is delete and reinstall Jabber. Done this on about 10-15 iPhones so far. Except this is not a suitable long term solution.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Steve

4 Replies 4

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I do see a software bug CSCui71439 for this issue with workaround as re-installing the app. The bug details does show that the issue is fixed. What version of Jabber you are using? 

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Thanks for the link to that bug. That is fairly old, from 2017. But certainly does describe what is occurring for me.

Running version 12.6.2. Plus have Airwatch set to auto-update Jabber. Going back over my notes issue first reported to me around March 2019 (maybe even earlier in the year), so back then would have been version 12.5.1.

Steve Clarke
Level 1
Level 1

BUMP

How do I raise a job with Cisco about this issue? ?

Just had six phones running iOS 12.4 and Jabber version 12.6.2 all needing to have Jabber deleted and reinstalled.

Hi there

You can open up a TAC or reach out to your SE or AM explaining the issue.

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!
***Please rate helpful posts***