cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to do get a tech that works the same hours you do?

schewej
Level 1
Level 1

For the last three TAC cases with collaboration I've opened TAC cases around 1 or 2 in the afternoon and the TAC engineer I'm assigned doesn't respond until after 4 p.m. or 5, after I'm gone. I then find out that they don't start until noon so effectively I'm only getting them for 1/2 a day.  If I find out an issue in the afternoon, how  do I open a case and get an engineer that works the same hours I do? 

Thanks

Jim

2 Replies 2

sgantasa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Jim,

You can call the respected TAC engineer/TAC helpline number by mentioning the Service request(SR) number which you have raised and let them know your available/working hours and ask them to assign the TAC engineer who is in same time zone as yours

Thanks,

Sai

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I've had similar problems when I have logged a job and the call has been picked up by a team in EMEA or in Mexico which are very different time zones to me in Australia.  I usually ask for the job to be requeued so it can be picked up by someone in India who work in time zone that is much more similar to mine.   When I am logging something first thing in the morning, or late in the evening, I have previously added a note to the job to indicate that I'd like it queued to a TAC that works similar hours to mine.  Don't be afraid to ask for a re-queue of a job if it is not being handled by someone in a suitable time zone.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.