cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to enable Lumberjack logs?

ibm.iptsupport
Level 1
Level 1

I am using Web conferencing in Meeting place version 6.0.

And i would like to enable Lumberjack logs on the same. I am following below document for the same.

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Cisco_Unified_MeetingPlace,_Release_6.x_--_How_to_Monitor_Web_Conferencing_Activities#Configuring_the_Lumberjack_Logging_Utility

But even after following the instruction and modufying registry values as per the document, i still dont see Lumberjack logs getting generated. Same is not getting generated manually as well.

Please share how to solve this issue.

Thanks in advance.

6 Replies 6

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jignesh,

Are your MP Web servers part of a domain or a workgroup? I've seen this kind of an issue only once when the MP Web servers were part of a Domain that had some sort of domain policy enforced and prevented the system to run the lumberjack log files. I am not sure how that was resolved at the time, but the customer did make some changes to their policies.

-Dejan

Hi Dejan,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

But our meeting place server is not in domain.

Please sugest.

Regards,

Jignesh

Hi Jignesh,

How many MP Web servers do you have in your deployment?

Is the issue present on all the MP Web servers?

Can you upload the screen shots of each of the Registry configuration files noted in the Instructions you followed?

Were lumberjack logs ever created before? (on MP Web server browse to c:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\LogFiles and see if you have any lumberjack ZIP files there and what the date on any of those is)

What is the version of the Windows OS you are running on the MP Web server? (click on Start > Cisco OS Version)

Thank you.

-Dejan

Hi Dejan,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

How many MP Web servers do you have in your deployment? 1

Is the issue present on all the MP Web servers?Yes

Can you upload the screen shots of each of the Registry configuration files noted in the Instructions you followed?PFA

Were lumberjack logs ever created before? (on MP Web server browse to c:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\LogFiles and see if you have any lumberjack ZIP files there and what the date on any of those is): Yes,PFA screenshot

What is the version of the Windows OS you are running on the MP Web server? (click on Start > Cisco OS Version): PFA

Please sugest.

Regards,

Jignesh

Hi Jignesh,

Any luck with the logs?

-Dejan

Hi Jignesh,

I can see that LJ logs used to be created in late November, but nothing since then. Do you know if anything changed on your network around that time?

I can also see that

"HKLM\Software\Latitude\MeetingPlace WebPublisher\General\Log Location" string doesn't look good. You specified:

"C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\MPWeb\Cisco Systems\LogFiles"

However, this is not the correct path. It should be:

"C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\LogFiles"

Also, in my old MP6.x lab, I don't even have this "Log Location" key at all, and it still works. You can try modifying the path, as well as removing that key and see if it will make a difference.

-Dejan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: