Views
Helpful
Replies

Huge Emoji Pack for Cisco Jabber

andreas.voest
Level 1
Level 1

Hey folks,

the default 57 emoticons aren't that much fun. So we decided to extend this a little bit. We created a almost full Unicode 8 emoji set for Cisco Jabber with over 1.000 emoticons.

There are two themes available at the moment. Make sure to check them out:

https://github.com/avoest/CiscoJabber-CustomEmoticons

Here's a short preview:

Have fun!

Andreas

14 Replies 14

Nice work andreas,

but did you try it with the windows client vs. apple client?

Thank you Sebastian.

We're a windows only enviroment. So I had no chance to check this on OS X.

OS X send the native unicode data. I've added these codes to the additional emojis but not to the ones that Cisco ships. This explains why some are working and some are not.

I'll include the data for the missing ones. Just be sure to check the GitHub repository.

Reece
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but this is a very important question...

What does the blue flying dog 'Kevin' Jabber emoji reference?

Is this some inside Cisco thing? 

Just bumpin again, does anyone have any idea what the emoji 'kevin' is?

Also would really like to know who Kevin is?

Hilda Arteaga
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi there 

Kevin is actually a flying pig 

kevin.png

There's an expression to say "something won't happen unless if pigs fly” it's to show that pigs can fly

Hi hiarteag,
where can i get this figurine, please? I like it very much and it is so so popular that it's already becoming a mascot in my team.
Thank you!

Hi @j.schneider 

I agree with you, Kevin is quite a character. 

Unfortunately, I don't know where you can find or acquire this figure. 

As far as I know he has been around for long time ago

:O  Where do I get my Kevin?

type   (:kevin)

It works for me 

kevin.PNG

Thank you so much for replying to this! You made pigs fly by finally answering all of our questions about Kevin, and we were searching for answers for years...

I have tweeted at Cisco Support, Cisco Community, and just about every other Cisco account on twitter, and my co-workers have sent emails to try and get into contact with ANYONE who could send us just one of these flying pigs.

Is there anyone we can contact in order to make this happen? We've tried just about everything at this point.

I had stickers made. If you're going to be at Cisco Live US 2020 in Vegas, we should meet up and I can give you one.

https://twitter.com/avholloway45633/status/1139251574222422016?s=20

Just do a Goggle search on "blue flying pig stress reliever".  You'll find several places selling "Kevins" and in different colors as well.

Please rate helpful posts by clicking the thumbs up!

Looks exactly like him too! Just order it with the Jabber logo and Bam! You've got yourself a replica. Nice find and post my friend!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: