cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Import MP4 into WebEx

jimcraiguk
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, a client has asked that I run a webinar next week. As I'm traveling I can't do it live and would like to upload a narrated Powerpoint presentation into WebEx. So I'm recoding offline and want to upload into WebEx. I can see plenty about how to go from WebEx ARF and WRF into MP4 and Windows media  but not the other way around.

I was told Camtasia can do this, I've downloaded it and recorded my slides but I can't see an obvious WebEx ARF/WRF option.

Can anyone help? Can it be done?

Thanks and best wishes

- Jim

5 Replies 5

Susan McEvilly
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Jim -

Just to confirm the scenario:  You have created an mp4 file using Camtasia and you want to upload it to the Recorded Sessions page of a  WebEx site, and then give your client and others a link to view your recording, is this correct?  The problem you are running into is that the WebEx Recorded Sessions page will only allow you to upoad a .wrf, .arf or .wmv file format, correct?

Can you confirm I have correctly stated the problem, and then I would be happy to give you some ideas such as:

• You may want to place that mp4 file someplace other than WebEx (YouTube, Vimeo.....).  Next time, record it using the WebEx offline recorder instead of Camtasia and you will have a nice, compressed .wrf file that you can then upload to WebEx.

If your customer wants to play your mp4 file in a live WebEx session, then you are good to go as it does not need to be converted - mp4s can be uploaded into the content viewer of a live WebEx session, just like any other file.

Hope this helps!  Good luck -

Susan

Meet Me In The Cloud, LLC

Susan, briliant thanks you got it spot on. I got the impression the offline tool was for playing and editing and not for recording.

If I've got that wrong, can confirm and also send me a link to the right one if you don't mind please? I'm not sure if I should be using wrf or arf? Could you advise on that as well please?

Thanks for all your help, it looks like I can do what I want with the WebEx tool after all.

Cheers

- Jim

Sure. -

We have an 8 minute HD video that will show you how to download the offline recorder, how to use it to create a .wrf file with audio, and how to upload the resultant .wrf to your WebEx site and share the link with others.

Check it out here: http://vimeo.com/meetmeinthecloud/review/60199916/03f67712fb

Susan

Meet Me In The Cloud, LLC

Susan, brilliant thanks so much. I've managed to find the recorder/player. I use a Mac so I'm having to use the windows version via a VM as I can't record with the Mac version.

Thanks you have been a real rock star!

Cheers

- Jim

Jim Craig - greengauges

Message was edited to remove private contact information by: Kelli Glass

nrbvevoe
Level 1
Level 1

You need to download a WebEx Recording Editor first and then go to its editing section on the upper left side and at last choose import insert recording.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: