cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Integrating Cisco Jabber/LDAP end user passwords

Sean Grubb
Level 1
Level 1

Okay so the quest is as follows: Currently we have deployed Cisco Jabber 10.6 to a small group of users. Right now it authenticates with LDAP, so whenever they have to update their password for windows, the password changes for Jabber as well. That's all well and good, but if they have saved their password when signing on to Jabber previously, that password does not update to the new password. THAT is what I want to try and find a solution for. I want to know if there is a way to have Jabber pull the new password from LDAP so they don't have to enter the new password and save that.

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Correct, otherwise, you'll have to simply instruct users to change the credentials on Jabber if they change their password.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Jabber only connects to LDAP for contact resolution, the actual validation for passwords is proxy via CUCM, just as the UCMuser page.

What you probably want, is SSO.

HTH

java

I was just reading about that and SAML on this page

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/10_6/planning-guide/CJAB_BK_CD3376A0_00_cisco-jabber-106-planning-guide/CJAB_BK_CD3376A0_00_cisco-jabber-planning-guide_chapter_0100.html#JABW_CN_P3996F2F_00

I assume it would have to be set up this way?

Correct, otherwise, you'll have to simply instruct users to change the credentials on Jabber if they change their password.

HTH

java

I appreciate it Jaime. At this point I don't think we have the resources to get something like this setup, but at some point maybe. I appreciate you clearing this up for me.