cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible to allow Jabber users to upload profile photos themselves?

bndooley
Level 7
Level 7

I am wondering is possible to allow Jabber users to upload profile photos themselves from the Jabber client?  Our environment is CUCM/IM&P with an external web server used for photos.  Because there is a large population of MRA users, we elected this architecture so that MRA users would see photos as well as the internal network users.

I've seen this function working when WebEx Messenger is the back end for Jabber, but I can't seem to find a way to provide the function in the CUCM/IM&P environment.

2 Replies 2

Darren Roback
Level 5
Level 5

Not possible for premise deployments to my knowledge, although you could build a custom web front end that allows for upload either to web server or Active Directory object attribute.

Ted S
Level 1
Level 1

We have our users upload their pictures to AD using Sharepoint. From there, our IIS server scrapes AD ThumbnailPhoto attribute and is made available to remote users through the expressway

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: