Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber 10.6.0 Save Chat History to an Outlook folder

AlexW75
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i'm fighting with enabling the new feature "Save Chat History to an Outlookfolder of Jabber 10.6.0.

The problem is that i'm not sure how to enter the parameter for 

"ExchangeUserCredentialsFrom".

In the DeploymentGuide Cisco tells us to use "ExchangeUserCredentialsFrom=CUCM".

But how should it be entered in the jabber-config.xml ?

<ExchangeUserCredentialsFrom>CUCM</ExchangeUserCredentialsFrom>

or

<ExchangeUserCredentialsFrom>Hostname or IP-Address of CUCM</ExchangeUserCredentialsFrom>

or any different way ?

Does anybody know how it has to be configured ?

Many thanks for each reply

Alex

16 Replies 16

Nirmal Issac
Level 1
Level 1

i think you are referring to the paramater 'EnableSaveChatHistoryToExchange'

The parameter should be set to true.

Hello!

We've set "EnableSaveChatHistoryToExchange" to true and now we can see the option "outlook" in Jabber. But Jabber set the e-mail address as sAMAccountName@AD-domain and I cannot change it, and if I set the mailserver address under advanced Jabber cannot connect to to it. 

How can I solve this issue?

Thanks,

Mirko

Hello,

I too am having problems with saving Chat History to an Outlook Folder.

My current version of Cisco Jabber is 10.6.4

I'm using the instructions in the "Save Chat History to an Outlook Folder" section of the "Cisco Jabber 10.6 Deployment and Installation Guide" found here:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/10_6/CJAB_BK_C56DE1AB_00_cisco-jabber-106-deployment-and-installation-guide/CJAB_BK_C56DE1AB_00_cisco-jabber-106-deployment-and_chapter_010010.html#CJAB_RF_SAB1DB8B_00

1. I'm using a Cisco Jabber for Windows client

2. It says that this feature is available for version 10.6

3. The first step states to "Set the EnableSaveChatHistoryToExchange parameter to true in the jabber-config.xml file"

(My file name is jabber-config-defaults.xml not "jabber-config.xml") but I'm able to find the EnableSaveChatHistoryToExchange parameter and change it to true

4. The next optional step is to "(optional) Set up a method to authenticate users to the Exchange server. If you don't specify an authentication method, then users can authenticate directly from the Outlook tab in the Options menu of their clients. "

(This is the main problem. I would like to authenticate directly from the Outlook tab in the Options menu of my client, but there is no "Outlook" tab. If I open my client and go to File > Options I only see General, Chats, Audio, Video, Calls, Status, Location, Sounds and Alerts, Privacy, Accounts, Meetings, Calendar)

The above are my only tabs with the following settings in my jabber-config-defaults.xml file

<!-- Exchange -->
  <userConfig name="EnableSaveChatHistoryToExchange" value="TRUE"/>
  <userConfig name="ExchangeAuthenticateWithSystemAccount" value="FALSE"/>
  <userConfig name="archive_im_on_exchange" value="TRUE"/>

What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks,

Goodly

hi Goodly

u should use the "jabber-config.xml" file ,customize it ,and uplode it to your cucm manager tftp. it should work with <EnableSaveChatHistoryToExchange>true</EnableSaveChatHistoryToExchange>

only .

shoham

Hey i am also stuck with the same for Jabber 11.

The settings used by me so far are:

<EnableSaveChatHistoryToExchange>true</EnableSaveChatHistoryToExchange>
 <SaveChatHistoryToExchangeOperationMode>EnabledByPolicy</SaveChatHistoryToExchangeOperationMode>
 <ExchangeAuthenticateWithSystemAccount>true</ExchangeAuthenticateWithSystemAccount>
 <Exchange_UseCredentialsFrom>CUCM</Exchange_UseCredentialsFrom>

Below this i have mentioned the internal and external exchange server address as well.

After this i uploaded the file to CUCM and i can get the Outlook tab also, however when i close the tab, no "Ciaco Jabber Chats" folder is getting created and my conversation is not getting saved.

Any ideas plzzzzzzzz??

You have 2 authentication methods in xml.

<ExchangeAuthenticateWithSystemAccount>true</ExchangeAuthenticateWithSystemAccount>
 <Exchange_UseCredentialsFrom>CUCM</Exchange_UseCredentialsFrom>

1- set exchangeauthenticatewithsystemaccount = true >>  it will pull  username and password from system and then sends authentication request to exchange

2- Set Exchange_UseCredentialsFrom = CUCM >> it pulls username and password from CUCM and then sends authentication request to exchange

Use one authentication method either system or CUCM and verify?

Hi,

Thanks for pointing what i was doing wrong.

I removed  <Exchange_UseCredentialsFrom>CUCM</Exchange_UseCredentialsFrom> and loaded the file again, however i still dont get the folder in Outlook.

For server address, i am adding smtp.office365.com so that i connects to my cloud. Is it right or what else should i do.

<SaveChatHistoryToExchangeOperationMode>EnabledByPolicy</SaveChatHistoryToExchangeOperationMode>
   <InternalExchangeServer>smtp.office365.com</InternalExchangeServer>
   <ExternalExchangeServer>smtp.office365.com</ExternalExchangeServer>

Please suggest.

Hi there, he got it? It is that I have the same problem. Thank you.

I can see you are trying to integrate Jabber with O365.

Some notes:

- System account authentication is enable by default but don't work with O365, You need to disable this option on jabber-config.xml.

- You will need to configure the user account on your jabber desktop.

Try this configuration on your jabber-config.xml

<Options>
   <ExchangeAuthenticateWithSystemAccount>false</ExchangeAuthenticateWithSystemAccount>
   <SaveChatHistoryToExchangeOperationMode>EnabledByDefault</SaveChatHistoryToExchangeOperationMode>
   <InternalExchangeServer>outlook.office365.com</InternalExchangeServer>
   <ExternalExchangeServer>outlook.office365.com</ExternalExchangeServer>
 </Options>

let me know if this help

- Javier

Hi Javier,

Thank you for posting the reply.

I tried this option as well.

Earlier i was getting the error "Invalid Exchange Credentials"

Now its not giving me error but not saving the chat as well.Kindly elaborate about the point - You will need to configure the user account on your jabber desktop.

What i am aiming at is that i set it up in a way where we can push the settings directly from CUCM globally to all users. Here i am stuck.

The issue that i can understand in the Authentication is that:

1. Exchange/Office 365 uses email id as username i.e. abc@domain

2. Jabber is using NT ID or LDAP ID as username

Thus there is a mismatch in username.

Is there a way that either i supply the LDAP@domain as username in XML.

Also, where can i get the logs to see the flow where its stuck to find a work around.

One more thing, i would like to point is that Exchange shows the Jabber status of the user. how can we expedite this area.

Thanks,

Shikha

Shikha

You are correct,  automatic authentication does not send the realm or domain information on the username.  The end user need to configure his credential on Jabber Client (file/options/outlook) by enter manually the exchange credentials

Exactly, i am not getting the option to manually enter the credentials. I tried everything as written in CJAB_BK_D657A25F_00_deployment-installation-guide-jabber-110.pdf

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Shikha

Did you find a solution to this issue?  I am running into it as well.