cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber 10.6 and Sony Xperia Z3V

Phil Bradley
Level 4
Level 4

Has anyone successfully connected Jabber 10.6 to CM 10.5 phone services on a Sony Xperia Z3V? I see that the Z3 is supported on the list but I wasn't sure about the Z3V which is Verizon's version. I can connect to the IM and voicemail services but not the phone services. I keep getting the error "Cannot connect to Phone Services server. Check your network settings". I am using IP address instead of DNS name. I say this because some of the posts resolving phone service issues were related to DNS and FQDN.

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

How are your servers defined under system -> Server????

IP??? hostname/FQDN???

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,

I have the servers configured by IP address. I have a user with a Motorola X that is able to connect to the jabber phones services without any issues.

If the same config/user works on other supported device, you might want to pull a PRT and look at it to try and pinpoint what might be causing the error on that particular device.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

oleg090965
Level 1
Level 1

I do

- set the CUCM security mode to "mixed-mode". You can do this with the "utils ctl set-cluster mixed-mode". There is no more need of e-token with a 10.0 release (don't know exactly since when, maybe even a 9.0)

Reboot server

- activate CAPF and CTL Provider services

- create a secure phone profile, assign it to the BOT device

i copy standard "Cisco Dual Mode for Android - Standard SIP Non-Secure Profile"

change "Device Security Mode" to authenticate

change "Port" to 5061

- set the CAPF parameter to "Install/upgrade" in the BOT device with a key size that matches the one you set in the secure phone profile