Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber 10.6 doesn't discover the telephony service

Hello guys,

I have a problem with the jabber 10.6.

I have a cucm cluster version 8.6 with 2 cups servers. My users are using Jabber 9.2.

I must upgrade CUCM cluster to version 10.5 (And to IM 10.5). I checked the compatibility matrix for Jabber. And I found that the last version compatible with CUCM 8.6 is Jabber 10.6.

I decided to install the Jabber 10.6. But When I tried to connect my account on this Jabber, I receive the error message. Jabber cannot find the telephony service.

So I think that I missed someting. Jabber 10.6 is compatible but I think that I need add configuration.

I think that I need configure SRV record _Cisco_Uds and _cuplogin. 

Can you tell me if I have to configure someting else?

Thanks

Sébastien

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That should be it, the Jabber documentation explains the SRVs that are required, and depending on the Jabber client version, which SRV records will be used.

If you open a PRT, you should see the SRV search fail, assuming you don't have them, or if they might have some config problem.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That should be it, the Jabber documentation explains the SRVs that are required, and depending on the Jabber client version, which SRV records will be used.

If you open a PRT, you should see the SRV search fail, assuming you don't have them, or if they might have some config problem.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate