cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber 11.1.1 install fails Error getting file attributes: C:\ProgramData\Application Data\Sennheiser. GetLastError: 123

brian_mcl
Level 1
Level 1

So I'm working to get  Version: 11.1.1.22531 installed for users, and am having some issues when installing on some computers.  

Dell 6430 machines

Win7 64-bit

I'm using CLICK2X=DISABLE since some users also work with Skype and we can't have Jabber interfere with outlook presence on those machines.  

I've also gone through and confirmed admin rights are present as well. 

We don't have any Sennheiser apps on these machines by default.

Did anyone have this issue.  I think I had this with 11.0 as well, but was holding out that 11.1.1 would be better.  

MSI (s) (CC:D8) [09:58:06:951]: Executing op: FolderCreate(Folder=C:\Program Files (x86)\Sennheiser\,Foreign=0,,)
CreateFolders: Folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Sennheiser\
MSI (s) (CC:D8) [09:58:06:952]: Executing op: FolderCreate(Folder=C:\ProgramData\Application Data\Sennheiser\,Foreign=0,,)
CreateFolders: Folder: C:\ProgramData\Application Data\Sennheiser\
MSI (s) (CC:D8) [09:58:06:953]: Note: 1: 2330 2: 123 3: C:\ProgramData\Application Data\Sennheiser
MSI (c) (74:FC) [09:58:11:762]: Doing action: setErrorUnknownError
Action 9:58:11: setErrorUnknownError.
Action start 9:58:11: setErrorUnknownError.
MSI (c) (74:FC) [09:58:11:763]: PROPERTY CHANGE: Modifying ERROR_INSTALL property. Its current value is '0'. Its new value: '4'.
Action ended 9:58:11: setErrorUnknownError. Return value 1.
Error 2330. Error getting file attributes: C:\ProgramData\Application Data\Sennheiser. GetLastError: 123.
MSI (s) (CC:D8) [09:58:11:766]: Product: Cisco Jabber -- Error 2330. Error getting file attributes: C:\ProgramData\Application Data\Sennheiser. GetLastError: 123.

Action ended 9:58:12: InstallFinalize. Return value 3.
MSI (s) (CC:D8) [09:58:31:742]: User policy value 'DisableRollback' is 0
MSI (s) (CC:D8) [09:58:31:742]: Machine policy value 'DisableRollback' is 0
MSI (s) (CC:D8) [09:58:36:807]: Executing op: Header(Signature=1397708873,Version=500,Timestamp=1198804804,LangId=1033,Platform=0,ScriptType=2,ScriptMajorVersion=21,ScriptMinorVersion=4,ScriptAttributes=1)

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Md Hasan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is part of Jabber "accessory" plugin. This makes jabber to work in headset's control buttong such as mute button.

Most likely this can be ignored. Sennheiser is one of the supported headset for Accessoryplugin

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/11_0/RN/JABW_BK_C5E7828C_00_cisco-jabber-windows-11-release-notes.html

"Sennheiser Headset Support for Call Management—Use Sennheiser accessories to control your calls on Cisco Jabber to adjust call volume, answer and end phone calls, and mute. "

if accessory manager is still causing problem after install it is possible to disable it using jabber-config.xml

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/11_0/CJAB_BK_C1247C0B_00_cisco-jabber-parameters-reference-guide/CJAB_BK_C1247C0B_00_cisco-jabber-parameters-reference-guide_chapter_010.html#CJAB_RF_B02E9EA3_00

View solution in original post

I think Jabber do not have any code mandating the requirement of Sennheiser, this is happening (assuming Sennheiser  is the cause) there might be Sennheiser entry exists (may be in registry) but does not exist in add/remove programs (corruped Sennheiser driver installed in the past).

It might be worth checking the registry for 'Sennheiser' keyword, to check for this. If this keyword is not found, I hight suspect something else is causing the install failure.

Thanks again!

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Brian,

I did not find any known bugs for this issue on this version. Since you have tried installing with admin rights and other factors in mind the only other option i could think of as of now is to try it on a freshly built Windows machine. TAC should be able to assist with any RCA for this issue.

Manish

Md Hasan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is part of Jabber "accessory" plugin. This makes jabber to work in headset's control buttong such as mute button.

Most likely this can be ignored. Sennheiser is one of the supported headset for Accessoryplugin

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/11_0/RN/JABW_BK_C5E7828C_00_cisco-jabber-windows-11-release-notes.html

"Sennheiser Headset Support for Call Management—Use Sennheiser accessories to control your calls on Cisco Jabber to adjust call volume, answer and end phone calls, and mute. "

if accessory manager is still causing problem after install it is possible to disable it using jabber-config.xml

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/11_0/CJAB_BK_C1247C0B_00_cisco-jabber-parameters-reference-guide/CJAB_BK_C1247C0B_00_cisco-jabber-parameters-reference-guide_chapter_010.html#CJAB_RF_B02E9EA3_00

Thats correct.  Thanks MD Hasan.   The problem is it halts the entire install, then reverts the install.  The Jabber config would be a good way to ignore it, but I can't load the config until it is installed, and it won't install because it fails on the Sennheiser  error.   

There is no way to disable accessory manager during install. Jabber should not stop installation due to accessory manager plug-in not found. It could mean couple of things:

1) There is a corrupted Sennheiser install on that PC thats causing it ( install attempt on a different PC would yeild different result)

2)  There is a new bug on Jabber that's causing it (none exists at this time)

3) The failure of the installation is not related to Sennheiser error in the install log (false positive). some thing elase is causing the failure (my suspect) (attempt on a different PC would yield different install result)

Thanks!

Thank you for your response!  

Yep.  I wish there was to disable it when installing.  

- The PC's don't have any Sennheiser software on them currently or in the past

- This only started since Version 11.0 and higher

- I've had a few other computers work with no issue, however I have a growing number which are failing install with the exact error(Sennheiser).   I'm pulling all drivers/software on the machines and am working to coorelate them, but I would still like a way to disable it or at least have it install even though it hangs on the Sennheiser plugin specifically.  I would consider it an issue especially since there is no other Sennheiser apps installed.   

I think Jabber do not have any code mandating the requirement of Sennheiser, this is happening (assuming Sennheiser  is the cause) there might be Sennheiser entry exists (may be in registry) but does not exist in add/remove programs (corruped Sennheiser driver installed in the past).

It might be worth checking the registry for 'Sennheiser' keyword, to check for this. If this keyword is not found, I hight suspect something else is causing the install failure.

Thanks again!

Yeah. I think there is some code which conflicts.  The problem is none of the users have any Sennheiser software installed or devices.  The folder referenced is even non-existant.  

0mn1p0tent
Level 1
Level 1

In my case the the issue occured without any Sennheiser hardware devices or accessory plug-in software installed on the latpop.  

To confirm we searched for "Sennhesier" in the registry and found nothing. 

The problem occurs as a result of an incorrect legacy NTFS junction point between ProgramData and Application Data.

The Application Data folder in the error message is actually an NTFS junction which SHOULD point to c:\ProgramData.

[verify this in a cmd prompt by changing to the C:\ProgramData and performing a dir/a] 

You should see an entry look like this:  07/10/2015  06:21 AM    <JUNCTION>     Application Data [C:\ProgramData]

If this is not the case rename the "c:\ProgramData\Application Data" folder to "c:\ProgramData\Application Data.OLD\" then run the install again.

The app should install properly.

Thanks! This is the correct answer to solve the issue. I've been fighting this for a while. I have multiple computers doing this and they were imaged by our client support department. Here is the fix.

1.             Run CMD as administrator
  2.             rmdir "C:\ProgramData\Application Data"
  3.             mklink /J "Application Data" C:\ProgramData