Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber 11.5 Phone_Mode - Help!!!

richard.grey
Level 1
Level 1

Hello 

I am doing some research on setting up Phone Mode for Jabber 11.5.  Therefore the user will only have the option to make calls not chat.  It appears that Phone Mode can be set when Jabber is being installed using the PRODUCT_MODE argument with Phone_Mode value, but the link below states the following :

Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Release 9.x and Later — You should not set PRODUCT_MODE during installation. The client gets the authenticator from the service profile. After the user signs in, the client requires a restart to enter phone mode.  We are currently using CUCM 10.5

To change product modes with Cisco Unified Communications Manager version 9.x and later, you change the authenticator in the service profile.

I am not seeing where in the service profile this is done or if so It is not working / something is overriding the setting because my Jabber client seem to always have the option both chat and audio calls and I thought phone mode would only allow the user to make calls via Jabber

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/11_5/CJAB_BK_D00D8CBD_00_deployment-installation-guide-cisco-jabber115/CJAB_BK_D00D8CBD_00_deployment-installation-guide-cisco-jabber115_chapter_01110.html#JABW_RF_PEEC2960_00

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Rich

2 Replies 2

Suresh Hudda
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

My understanding after reading your post that you want to disable chat option/feature for all user; if my understanding is right.. then, below is the procedure BUT if you want to disable it for specific users then its not possible.

Step 1 Log in to Cisco Unified CM IM and Presence Administration, choose Messaging > Settings. Step 2 Configure the instant messaging setting. To turn off instant message capabilities for client applications in the IM and Presence Service cluster, uncheck Enable instant messaging.. 

Step 3 Click Save.

Step 4 Restart the Cisco XCP Router service.

Suresh

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

All you have to do to use phone mode, is to have a service profile with no IM&P services and assign it to the users you want to have phone mode.

For full UC, have IM&P and a Jabber device configured in CUCM.

For just IM&P, have no Jabber device configured in CUCM

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate