Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber 9.1 Registration To CUCM 8.6.2

Steve Nelson
Level 1
Level 1

Good evening,

I have a problem I am hoping someone can answer for me. I have a CUCM/ Unity Connection/ CUP platform which are all 8.6x

I have configured all the components and I am currently trying to get Jabber to work, I have 1 user who has 2 clients he wants to use. One client is is home Mac and the other his work Windows based laptop.

Jabber 8.6.4 on the Mac works 100% the client can call, access voicemail and use IM with no issues. The same user when he tries to login with his Windows based client gets IM and authenticates to Unity Connection OK but the client does not register with CUCM and therefore he cannot dial out and so all telephony functionality is unavailable. The options in the windows client only show Phone accounts for the voicemail server which all look OK.

It looks to me that the windows client is not getting the correct paramters from the jabber-xml file (infact I cant find one in the tftp server which is CUCM) or maybe I need to have 2 softphones detailed in CUCM, i.e one for each client (MAC & PC). I have all the CCMCIP and trunking etc working fine, along with the relevant AXL, LDAP and CTI users set up ok.

Anyone have an idea of where I may be going wrong ?

Thanks

S

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The Windows 9.1 release added a "graceful softphone registration" feature which allows multiple Jabber clients to not fight over the same CSF device; however, I do not believe this has mad it into the Mac code yet. As such I wouldn't expect the Windows client to be able to takeover softphone functionality from the Mac.

Does the Windows client work if you disable softphone on the Mac client and then re-launch the Windows client? The CCMCIP and TFTP values are given to Jabber from the CUP server via Application Profiles, not the jabber-config.xml file. As such they are both getting the same CUCM information.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Hi Jonathan

I have tried your suggestion but while the symptoms are slightly different I am still not able to get the Windows client to register with CUCM.

If I disable the softphone on the mac client then exit Jabber on the mac, then I open the Windows client initially the results are exactly the same. However if I then sign out of the windows client and back in I get the option on the bottom right of the client to choose the softphone source (i.e computer or deskphone) but then no matter which one I choose the client sits at the setting phone prompt and still does not register.

I guess one option for me may be to run a WIndows client on the home Mac using VMware fusion and use the same client, hopefully then the graceful softphone registration may work between devices running the same client?

Many thanks for your reply, very much appreciated.

Best

Steve

hey guy's,

i got the same issue but with CUCM 9.1.

All my config is done in CUCM and Presence. i saw my CSF (in presence 9.1) online with the version of my Jabber client.

am able to chat and find all the contact but i can't use my Softphone or Desktop phone to make call.

my CSF is not registered on CUCM.

my Jabber version is 9.2.6

thanks

Daniel Delorme
Level 1
Level 1

Steve,

i just found my problem for my registration on the CUCM.

i forgat to put the Proxy Listener in Presence Server. as soon i put the CUCM address (PUB & SUB)

my CSF registered on the call manager. ( for the Mac and for the Windows client)

Hop it could help you to.

Daniel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: