Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber 9.2 on ipad does not remember settings

I tried to login with jabber on the ipad and get a message to give the service info ( domain).
After i do that it tries again to connect but cannot.

I do a manual setup and all config is not there, i fill in the correct presence and cucm ip and user and then it logs in.

After een disconnect of anyconnect and i start jabber again, then all config is gone.

Any ideas ???

Martin

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

4 Replies 4

mahkrish
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Martin, Have you installed Jabber 9.2 version on iPad ? If yes, please refer to the below inputs.

This behavior is due to BUG number CSCue04215, please take a look to the following link:

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCue04215

Workaround:

Only workaround at this moment for this is to not upgrade to 9.2. No supported way to revert back.

This limitation is clearly mentioned in our Cisco Jabber for iPad 9.2(1) Release Notes

document in page 10 it reads:

Important Considerations

Note the following important considerations when using Cisco Jabber for iPad:

• General Considerations
  • Cisco Jabber for iPad does not remember server information and credentials when changing server types.

BR, Mahesh Adithiyha

Hi Martin, did the downgrade to earlier version help to resolve ?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Mahesh,

I didnt test further as it was two months ago when i posted the message.

Currently we need to get other things going (windows jabber) and that seems to work.

Thnx for your response.

Martin

Hi,

I have the same problem !

My Jabber for IPAD often disconnected after making a call and talking.

When I re-open the Jabber , a input domain dialog dispear.

But I must re-input my username,password and CUPS IP address in the Manual input dialog, then the Jabber login and work again.

My Jabber version is 9.3.2.

My IPAD is ipad 4.

How to fix it?