Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber access failure - LDAP vs Local User

chad.baker
Level 1
Level 1

Jabber access failure - LDAP vs Local User

Issue 2 LDAP users unable to login into Jabber off net/VPN.  One LDAP user is using Jabber on laptop for messaging only. On net/VPN they are able connect but when off net/VPN they get server error.  Another LDAP user with Android (device is configured) gets "we don't recognize your email address" when trying to log in on Android. I have entered other LDAP emails and get the same error.  When I use my login name, local user, It finds my name and prompts for pw.  I tested with a test local user profile and I am able log in with the test user.  Issue seems to be only connect to LDAP user and not local users.  At first I was looking at IMP for the root cause then considered Expressway.  When searching for possible causes I find article (link below) about Cisco Directory Integration (CDI).  In the link below for CDI there is host name/IP address,  Has anyone set CDI up and know what the IP listed in the diagram is.  Is it IP to device already existing or a new device we need to assign IP?  If anyone else had/has similar issue the LDAP users not being able to log into Jabber off net/VPN and was able to resolve issue what was the solution.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/jabber/213803-configure-ldap-as-a-directory-contact-so.html

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: