Helpful
Replies

Jabber authentication error for Webex SSO

brown3wab
Level 1
Level 1

Jabber versions 12.6 , 12.7, 12.8

CUCM 11.5(1)SU6

We have Webex SSO turned on, and we have our UC Service Profile setup for our users in CUCM, which points to our WebEx site.  The problem is whenever somebody signs into Jabber who doesn't have a WebEx account, the error message "no user name found in SAML assertion" pops up.  We don't want all of our users to have WebEx accounts, so we'd like to see if there is a way to suppress this error message popping up every time they sign into Jabber, outside of remove the WebEx site info from the UC Profile in CUCM. 

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can disable the discovery for webex for those users.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

You mean by using a different Service Profile for these users in CUCM?

We have over 3000 users and around 500 of them are setup for Webex.  This would be a micromanaging nightmare.  We just want to suppress the popup and allow it to be alerted simply acknowledged once, the same way invalid Exchange credentials are, using the alert box in the left side of the menu box. 

Hi Jaime,

How I can disable the discover for webex?

You would do that by a installation parameter, known as bootstrap. I don’t have access to the information about this at present, but search for it on internet and I’m sure that you will find what you need.

Response Signature

Dug it up once I came to work (ish anyway as I'm like most these days are at home).

msiexec /i CiscoJabberSetup.msi ALLUSERS=1 CLEAR=1 LANGUAGE=1033 EXCLUDED_SERVICES=WEBEX,CUP

This would be a quite common formed string to use for the installation. If you're on a very old version of Jabber, pre 11.5 or 11.6 I belive, you would need to include the CUP service in the discovery. For anything current it's not needed and you can therefor also remove the _cup something SRV record from you DNS.

Response Signature