cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

jabber can not enter the PIN for voice mail

chinatyg317
Level 1
Level 1

I installed Cisco Jabber 8.6 on the android mobile,And registered jabber to CUCM8.0. In the same time, CUCM8.0 integrated with Unity Connection8.0 via SCCP, Everything is normal.

Tested using any of a telephone call Jabber, it can received voice mail, and shows have a voice mail on the android mobile. then, Hear the tone of the Connection system :"please enter your PIN." However, in any case the PIN can not be submit to the Unity Connection, System reminded over and over again:please enter your PIN.......

I guess the mobile's dial pad can not be supported by Unity Connection, Or other reasons.

help!!!

1 Reply 1

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The Android client is a SIP device and uses RFC2833 for DTMF relay. Unity Connection supports RFC2833 when integrated with either SCCP or SIP. The first question that comes to mind: is the call invoking a transocder/MTP that would be in the media path? For example, if Jabber is using G.729 and you haven't enabled that on CXN or you're requiring a TRP.

I would start with a Wireshark capture from the CXN server to see: a) what the far-end IP address is for the RTP packets; and, b) whether you see the RFC2833 packets arrive. If the sender IP isn't the Jabber client a media resource got invoked which may be dropping the RFC2833 packets. If the IP is correct but you don't see the RFC2833 packets arrive you could then run a Wireshark or collect SDI logs with SIP stack trace enabled from the CUCM node that Jabber is registered to. That would allow you to see the SDP negotiation at call setup to see if RFC2833 even gets negotiated.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.