cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber - Change Order of Contact Sources

Bill
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to change the order of Contact Sources in Jabber when using the Outlook Address Book?

I want the Outlook Address Book contacts to appear below the UDI Directory users.

Currently when typing a username in the Jabber search, Jabber displays the Outlook Address Book contacts at the top, and the UDI Directory users below that. I would like to reverse that so UDI users are at the top.

Not a huge problem, but it's annoying for users who have a ton of Outlook Contacts, but primarily call internal users.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

It is working as per the Jabber design and I do not think you can change the order. To search a contact, Jabber looks at three things in this order:

1. Local Jabber Cache of Jabber Contacts and Recents
  2. Outlook Contacts
  3. Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) Directory

The search takes place in a top-down fashion. If you do not want to search local contacts, you can Disable Jabber Outlook Contact Search:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/jabber-windows/116535-probsol-jabber-00.html

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Bill
Level 1
Level 1

Forgot to mention the versions I am running:

CUCM version 11.5.1.15900-18

IM&P version 11.5.1.16910-12

Jabber version: 12.6.0.31246

Hi,

It is working as per the Jabber design and I do not think you can change the order. To search a contact, Jabber looks at three things in this order:

1. Local Jabber Cache of Jabber Contacts and Recents
  2. Outlook Contacts
  3. Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) Directory

The search takes place in a top-down fashion. If you do not want to search local contacts, you can Disable Jabber Outlook Contact Search:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/jabber-windows/116535-probsol-jabber-00.html

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Thanks Vaijanath

I appreciate the info.