Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber chat is greyed out

hamed1900
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am unable to chat in jabber! it is greyed out.

CUCM 9.1, CUPS 9.1, Jabber 9.1.5.

Laptops I am using not part of a domain.Service is enable in CUPS.

Thanks,

Hamed

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

It sounds like you might have the default directory config in use. If your PC is not a domain member you must either:

- Configure specific AD details and user account in jabber-config.xml

- Configure jabber-config.xml to use UDS

I would recommend the latter if you are only using Windows Jabber, if you are using other platforms you may already have a service account set up so you can use that for consistency.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for your post.

where the default directory coming from? I have tested these PCs with different customer though.

Please find the below:

- I am testing with PCs which are not in the domain as I am at customer Site, username/password which I log in to Jabber client coming from LDAP but PCs not in domain.

- I have created another Jabber-config file named jabber-config-uds for those PCs, then I assigned this xml file in " Cisco Product Specific" field  for those CFS device which log in to non-domain PCs , the rest of the users would be using the  EDI jabber-config.xml

- I have also cretaed UC services in CUCM 9.1, two for Directory, one EDI and one UDS, I assigned UDS one to non-domain-users.

- LDAP service is unknown, chat is greyed out and cannot see file transfer.

Thanks,

Hamed

is xcp router service started ? Also do you enable IM on message settings ?