cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber client doesn't connect to presense server if CSF device isn't associated.

joeharb
Level 5
Level 5

We are deploying on premise Jabber and are having an issue with users that don't have a CSF associated with them.  Not all of our users have CSF's created.  When a user that doesn't have a CSF connects none of the services (voicemail, presence...etc) show connected.  If I associate a CSF to the user and they sign in again everything works without issue.  Is the CSF a requirement, I was under the impression that it was only needed for Softphone mode or group configuration of jabber-config.xml.

Please advise,

Joe

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, it's not required, simply configure your users to be IM only users in CUCM/IM&P

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Jaime,

Thanks for the reply, I didn't expect there to be a dependency either but I am still having the issue.

Without the CSF associated with the user the cachedUcm90ConfigStore.xml doesn't get populated with the UDS, or presence information.  I have attached 2 files, one with the association and one without.  I would expect this user to have full phone control (deskphone) and IM, VM and conference services even without a softphone configured.

Exactly how do you have configured your service profile??

try having nothing but IM&P in it, and try again.

I'm assuming SRVs, DNS, etc. are all in place and working properly.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

Sounds like a manifestation of BugID CSCup30905

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

Gordon,

Thanks for the insight into that bug, the version of IM&P/CUCM matches but the Jabber clients doesn't.  I assume we are still hitting this bug.  Per the Bug the workaround is the following:

Workaround:
use XML file to connect to UDS for jabber or upgrade to CUP 10
use CSF device in the controlled devices page on CUCM for the user which is logging in Jabber

I assume the xml file they are referring to is the jabber-config.xml, correct?  We currently use the cloud Webex for jabber and are migrating on prem.  If I change the jabber-config.xml will that cause issue with the current Webex Messenger users?  I know I can use the group config under the CSF but that defeats the purpose as I am trying to get a user to connect without needing the device associated.

Thanks,

Joe