cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber client status not updating automatically

jbrester7
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I have one jabber client whose status goes to "Offline, On a Call" when she answers a call but  after the call ends it does not change back automatically to "Available".  The user has to manually change staus back to Available.  This happens everytime after a call has ended and no other users have this issue. 

6 Replies 6

Muhammad Maqsood Mushtaq
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This a known issue being tracked by CSCub01572. Fix will be available in 9.0(4), expected to be released next week.

Thanks,

Maqsood

Unfortunately updating the users client to 9.0.4 has not fixed this issue.

Hi Jessica,

I made a typing mistake in my previous response. I was meant to say "Fix will be available in MR4 that is 9.0.5". This will be released in early September. Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks,

Maqsood

Ok, thank you.  I will try that release when it becomes avaialble.

I can confirm that as of 9.0.5 this is fixed for me.

Thanks!

-Brett Lykins
#ciscochampion

Unfortunately the user is still having the status update issue after isntalling the 9.0.5 release.

When the user with this issue is unable to answer her extension, we then have it setup so that others in her department can see the call and answer her extension.  Is it possible that this might be why the status is still showing she is on a call when she isn't? 

It appears the setup explained above is not the problems.  Other users are now reporting the incorrect status in 9.0.5 as well.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: