Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber-Config HTTP 404

ITGuy118
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

I have been trying to deploy Jabber (11.9) in Phone Only mode on CUCM 10.5.1. I found alot of information on the topic and have now reached the point where i need to see if the community can help.

As far as I know I have done everything that needs to be done. The issue im running into is I have uploaded the jabber-config.xml to the TFTP Servers and restarted the service, when I try and test for the cofig file using the url (http://<CUCM TFTP>:6970/jabber-config.xml) I get a page cannot be found in Chorme (HTTP 404). In IE I get a popup saying "Do you want to Open or save jabber-config_xml from <CUCM TFTP>" but cant actually click on anything. I have tried multiple different templates and deleting and re-adding the file. Hopefully someone has run into this and can help.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

And have you tested with Jabber?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Yes I have, when I examine the log I see the HTTP 404 error as well.

Do you see the file listed in OS Admin?

Can you download it via CLI?

Are you sure the .xml is properly formatted?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

What do you see when you look at the jabber-config.xml via the command line? Go to the CLI and type:

file view tftp jabber-config.xml

Does it show up? Is the formatting correct? For that second question, did you create your jabber-config.xml file by hand or did you use a generator? The syntax is very fussy and if it is not formatted exactly right it will indeed throw a 404 error when you are trying to access it.

Maren