Views
Helpful
Replies

jabber Desktop and iPhone showing error on VM and Phone Service over MRA

Amit23
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I am having CUCM 10.5. imp 10.5 and cuc 10.5 and internall jabber running fine with all services.

i am using jabber 11.0 for desktop and iPhones.

but when using with MRA over public network, it is showing error on phone service and voicemail:

Phone service:

Failed to get device configuration

!

Voicemail: showing voicemail service connected after apply end user login but when try to call voicemail showing below error message that comes up on screen:

Cant call to voicemail server. ! check system admin!

!

please see also attached jabber logs from iPhone to see where need to do configuration changes to fix it?

Warm Regard's
Amit Sahrma
5 Replies 5

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

I had a similar issue one time. I found that the Expressway servers need to be able to resolve the internal _cisco-uds._tcp domain entry to find CUCM. Make sure your DNS is setup correctly to allow this.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

Thanks for reply.

what steps tou used for this issue?

was problem on expressway c srv records?

if you share some steps that will hel me more for fixing it.

Warm Regard's
Amit Sahrma

It wasn't a problem with the DNS records themselves. It was a problem with the DNS server, in that it treated the Expressway servers as being on the outside and so didn't give the answers the Expressway needed.

Have you tried looking in the Expressway logs? (Especially the Expressway-C) That might give you some pointers.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

Thanks.

let me check the logs and see what is issue.

Warm Regard's
Amit Sahrma

If u know the error point please tell me how did you fix it?

Warm Regard's
Amit Sahrma
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: