Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber dropping call for one number

Essam Butt
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have a strange issue, we have one external number that the IP Phones can dial out just fine without any issues. But when it comes to Jabber for Windows it just drops as soon it connects (before ringing). The call window just closes. We also tested this with Jabber for iOS and it works fine. The issue is just with J4W.

I am confused, where should I look at to find the issue?

J4W: 14

CUCM: 11.5

No IM&P, phone-only deployment

Thanks,

4 Replies 4

Essam Butt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

So I can see from the debug that the call is terminating with cause code 65, which I searched for and its "bearer capability not implemented"?

Any idea on what this is and why this error only occurs when J4W calls to one specific number range.

Thanks,

Adam Pawlowski
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The few times I've had this sort of issue, it usually came down to the profile on the device or the device being in a region that let a call attempt to the PSTN with video/presentation.

I would review the invite being sent if possible, and see if there's further detail in the BYE/CANCEL message that is being sent back to you to determine the cause, if the clients all have the same verified configuration, SIP profile, region, etc.

Thanks for your reply. I tried changing the device pool and the location but still no good. Oddly the call works from a desk phone with the same DP and location.

So for testing, I checked "MTP required" on the Jabber profile and changed "MTP Preferred Originating Codec" to "alaw" and that worked. Although I don't think this seems to be a solution. Any ideas?

I don’t believe MTP would allow video/bfcp . But I still don’t understand why that matters for one number or some numbers and not others , unless there are multiple call routes involved.

But it seems you’ve narrowed it to possibly a codec or inter working issue.