cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Android 9.6 - Users can´t call directly to users in their Contact List

Hi Guys, My Cisco Jabber for Android (9.6) is working very well with all solutions integrated (UCM, CUPS, UNITY), but I´m confused with one thing. 

Im my contact List I see the "phone icon" on the right of the contact, but my problem is: When I Try to call to this contact I receive the error this contact not have a number. 

img1

When I search the same contact in "Search field" I can call this contact normally (Yellow Arrow).

So.... What I need to do to this icon on the right of the contact (first Image) be enabled? 

Leonardo Oliveira
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Wild guess, you failed to configure properly contact resolution, so, Jabber for Android cannot reach the directory source, from where it pulls the DN to dial.

I'm almost certain that's your issue, as the 2nd screen clearly shows a @ in the name, meaning it's failing to change your email ID to your name.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Wild guess, you failed to configure properly contact resolution, so, Jabber for Android cannot reach the directory source, from where it pulls the DN to dial.

I'm almost certain that's your issue, as the 2nd screen clearly shows a @ in the name, meaning it's failing to change your email ID to your name.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime, thanks for clarifying this for me.

I think you're right, I checked and jabber-config.xml does not seem to be configured correctly. I'll do some tests using the Jabber Config File Generator and update here with the results.

See ya

Leonardo Oliveira

B3njaminF
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Have you been able to resolve this issue. We are seeing the same problem within our environment as well.

Thanks,

Ned

Hi, as recommended by Jaime (Thx man!), I did the customization of the jabber-config.xml in my enviroment.

After that the Photos began to appear in mobile devices (Android, iPad and Iphone)

Below is my config. Copy, edit, save, upload to TFTP, restart the TFTP´s, re-log in you mobile device aaaaaand Enjoy.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<config version="1.0"> 
<Options>
<StartCallWithVideo>false</StartCallWithVideo>
<ShowOfflineContacts>false</ShowOfflineContacts>
</Options>
<Presence>
<PresenceServerAddress>IPADD</PresenceServerAddress>
</Presence>
<Directory>  
<DirectoryServerType>BDI</DirectoryServerType>
<BDIPhotoSource>jpegPhoto</BDIPhotoSource>
<BDILDAPServerType>AD</BDILDAPServerType>
<BDIPrimaryServerName>IP-AD-1</BDIPrimaryServerName>
<BDIPresenceDomain>example.com</BDIPresenceDomain>
<BDIServerPort1>389</BDIServerPort1>
<BDISecondaryServerName>IP-AD-2</BDISecondaryServerName>
<BDIServerPort2>389</BDIServerPort2>
<BDIConnectionUsername>USER</BDIConnectionUsername>
<BDIConnectionPassword>PASS</BDIConnectionPassword>
<BDISearchBase1>ou=root,dc=example,dc=com</BDISearchBase1>
<BDIUseANR>false</BDIUseANR>
<BDIBaseFilter>(&amp;(objectclass=user)(!(UserAccountControl:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=2)))</BDIBaseFilter>
</Directory>
<Policies> 
<Screen_Capture_Enabled>true</Screen_Capture_Enabled>  
<File_Transfer_Enabled>true</File_Transfer_Enabled> 
<Disallowed_File_Transfer_Types>.msi;.rar;.zip;.mp3</Disallowed_File_Transfer_Types>  
<Video_Disabled>false</Video_Disabled>
</Policies> 
<CUCM>
<PhoneService_UseCredentialsFrom>presence</PhoneService_UseCredentialsFrom> 
</CUCM>
</config>

Ref: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Android/9_6/JABA_BK_J0A7146D_00_jabber-android-install-config-9-6/JABA_BK_J0A7146D_00_jabber-android-install-config-9-6_chapter_0110.html#CJAB_RF_C292501F_00

Leonardo Oliveira

Thanks man!!! Both of you! 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: