Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for desktop over Anyconnect Mobility

Hi, Pros,

I have an issue here that keeps bothering me. Our UC environment is fully working with Expressway-c and e. With that pandemic go around we have all the staff working from home and most of the are using Jabber on their Desktop. It works great, in fact, they like it. But one issue though is extension dialing between cluster.

I found out that pub extension can call sub. extension, calls get connected but there is NO RTP flow. DEAD silence at both ends of the call.

It turns out when the call gets connected, some of the client will switch their IP address to that of the newly acquired IP of the VPN tunnel. And that IP from the VPN tunnel does include in the split tunnel! Basically, instead of register with the IP address of the expressway-c, the client got to register with the IP address of the VPN which works fine for all other calls, but not extension calling from site A to site B.

Had anyone experienced this issue? Or have a suggestion?

Thanks,

2 Replies 2

Quick update here... i found out a windows 10 weird behavior.

Windows 10 had advertised the ipv6 rather than ipv4, so disable IPv6, log out of the Jabber application, and log back in has fixed the issues.

thank you all

It should not matter - other than IPv6 for MRA does not work. If the Jabber client can suddenly resolve the _cisco-uds record it will begin to move components there as soon as it can which causes this sort of trouble or other component issues.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: