Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for iPad issues

abcronin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I have been testing the new 1.0 Client for the last few days and have some results below, will be interested to hear if others experience these?

I am also interested if the Cisco BU looks at these posts or is there another forum I should be posting in? I guess TAC is the official channel for this but I am running a POC for a large Bank and it is not in production at this stage.

1. After 10mins or so the iPad will go to sleep and the TAB device on CUCM will unregister and you cannot call it from another device, if I log back in and switch to the app it will register again and I am about to call the device and make calls etc.

2. If the app is running and I disconnect from the wireless wait for it to unregister then reconnect to wifi again, the app will not automatically reconnect to CUCM and register, switching to the app also doesn't work as it will sit there saying 'Reconnecting', I have to kill the app completely and relaunch it for it to connect again.

3. I am not able to manually adjust the LDAP AD fields to use the ipPhone field in AD, it will only see the telephoneNumber field and mobile etc, i have tried to set the custom field on the device page on CUCM and in Presence with no luck.

Also have some other issues but they are currently known limitations

a. If the device is locked, you need to put in the passcode before answering the call (as with iPhone)

b. There is no CTI control of this device from TAPI or JTAPI (as with iPhone)

Environment is:

CUCM 7.1.5

CUPS 8.6.4

Still need to gather problem reports to gather the logs to see what is happening.

Any comments and feedback appreciated

Cheers

Andy

19 Replies 19

Hi Oren,

Your guide is great. The IP Phone work well now.

Thanks

We have faced the same things 1,2.
CUCM - 8.6.2
CUPS - 8.6.3
There are no same issues on previous version of Jabber for IPad - 9.1. But I can't revert to 9.1.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

This issue will probably never go away. You simply need to restart the APP every so often, or it seems every time you use it... Try ON Demand VPN via ASA; it takes away steps from the messy process of restarting the Jabber APP all the time and seems to keep the device running longer before sleep mode. I am curious to try it on an Android device, but they haven’t really completed the app yet. It’s an issue with battery power on the IPhone, IPad. The restriction was added in IOS5 I believe and there is no fix in sight. If you have any new info please post it.

CUCM 8.62

Jabber 9.1.2

Webex Connect 7.22

Yes, probably, the main reason is power saving in iOS. I've tried disable all power saving options in iOS for a night. Everything was OK with Jabber. Jabber has not been disconnected from the servers and, therefore, there are no reconnections. But this is the Jabber's issue as well. Earlier, in ver. 9.1, I did not remember such reconnections.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hi,

One of my customer is having the same issue, Jabber gets unregsitered when ipad goes to sleep mode due to inactivity and they are not able to receive calls. I've read through the post but still not sure what to tell them.

The Bug CSCub14854 mentioned above says:

"*Waiting on a bug fix from Apple

Apple bug ID 11897952 - wifi drops to cellular when phone locked, causes VoIP app to miss incoming calls"

Should I just tell them to disable all power saving options just like mentioned tin the previous post ?

Saima