cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Iphone with push notification not ringing long enough

martin01
Level 1
Level 1

Years ago, I set up Jabber in MRA with push notification for iphone and I remember we had to modify a timer somewhere so that the Jabber client on iphone would ring longer before going to voicemail.

It was written in the documentation "you have to modify x timer from 10 to 30 secondes" or something like that. 

I'm doing the same setup now, everything works fine, iphones are getting the push notification but it ring only one time and then it goes to voicemail.

Was it the no answer timeout on the TCT profile ? I don't think so since I recall having to change it only at one place and not for everyone.

I've read the deployement guide but it has been updated today and I can't find the answer.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/push_notifications/cucm_b_push-notifications-deployment-guide.html

What should I do so the TCT profile ring longer.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

jairreal8
Level 1
Level 1

I'm experiencing the same behavior/issue as you describe but with using Cisco Webex (formerly Webex Teams) instead of Jabber. My guess is that the app (Jabber or Webex) is in a dormant/not-connected state in the background until an apple push notification is received which iOS then provides the Jabber/Webex app and it triggers the app to connect to the MRA service which usually takes about 1 min or 1.5 minutes and then it syncs up with the 3rd ring but too late to see the incoming call. I say this because any following immediate incoming calls start ringing right away.

Not sure if this is a behavior we can fix through changing TCT profile settings. Has anyone found a solution?

That is how it operates yes. If your infrastructure is up to date and running, then it is expected to get the pop up. My understanding of the latest Apple push notification solution is that the popup should trigger CallKit to start ringing while Jabber is launching. If that's correct perhaps you want TAC to give things a once over and make sure it is working as designed.

You can increase the No Answer Ring Duration on the Directory Number if you'd like, mindful that at some point the caller will probably hang up thinking it is not being answered.