Views
Helpful
Replies

Where and how long are saved the presence chat

Jonathan Galvez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

a customer ask, where and how long are saved the presence chat?

I couldn't find a guide, where it is explained. Probably someone can answer me that question and also say to me if there is a possibility to don't show the old messages on a Persistent Chat when a new user join the chat.

Many thanks in advance and regards,

Jonathan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No, it's in the presence server as Jonathan says. Once you're invited to an ad-hoc room the presence server sends you the content of the room, if there was already a conversation going on.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

For the first part of your question the answer would depend on the settings you define in CUPS for the database used for persistent chat storage. For the other I don't think you can do that as that would sort of defeat the whole consent of persistent chat.

Response Signature

Hi Roger,

thanks for your answer, maybe you can help me further with my first question.

I am talking of group-chat not persistent chat, I wrote it wrong...

Can someone please tell me, if here is a possibility to hide the old messages and where and how long are saved the messages (we do not have any external database)? It would me help me, if you can tell me, where can I find this parameters.

Regards,

Jonathan

I think that is locally stored on each participants computer and AFAIK there is no options to age these out. However I'm not really a big user of CUPS myself as we are about to move all chat for our Cisco landscape to the Webex cloud service and actually our company preferred platform is something other than any Cisco IM solution.

Response Signature

ad-hoc group chats are not saved anywhere, they only exist in memory while the room exists. Once everyone leaves the room it is destroyed and if you start a new group chat, a new room is created and no messages are displayed.

HTH

java

Hi Jaime,

great, many thanks! When you say memory I understand in Presence Server, isn't it?

Thanks,

Jonathan Galvez

No on each client computer.

Response Signature

No, it's in the presence server as Jonathan says. Once you're invited to an ad-hoc room the presence server sends you the content of the room, if there was already a conversation going on.

HTH

java