cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Mac - End User unable to Cut & Paste Images in IM

trekerboy
Level 1
Level 1

Full discloure: I am an END USER, not an IT admin or anything like that. Not sure if this is the proper forum to ask this question but figured it was worth a shot...

Running OSX 10.9.1 and Jabber 9.2.1.

I am unable to copy-and-paste images into IM conversations with co-workers.

My "cachedPresenceConfigStore.xml" file shows:

"<im_cutandpaste_enabled>TRUE</im_cutandpaste_enabled>"

and

"<screen_capture_enabled>TRUE</screen_capture_enabled>"

...yet these functions seem to be missing from the IM client. As far as I know our organization's service-side policy allows for sending images over IM (confirmed this using the jabber client on a windows machine).

Am I just "doing it wrong" somehow? Is there some special method I need to use to be able to paste images into an IM conversation?

Any help or direction is appreciated.

Thank you,

Jason

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Copy/paste is for text, not images. You'll need to use the Attach button if you want to send binary data. Screen capture is a Windows-only feature presently.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Forgive my ignorance here, but where exactly is the "attach button"? Is this something that has to enabled on the server-side? If so, how can I check to see if my organization supports it for Mac? Seems that they do since the windows client allows the copy-and-paste of images into a chat (although even in the windows client there is no "attach" button for my org)

It appears they disabled it server-side as the button (a paperclip) normaly appears to the right of the emoticon button. While the jabber-config.xml file can block specific file extensions, it cannot disable the feature entirely. This is done within the Service Parameters of the server, which only an admin can see.

Procedure

Step 1 Choose Cisco Unified CM IM and Presence Administration > System > Service Parameters.

Step 2 From the Server menu, choose an IM and Presence node .

Step 3 In the Service Parameter Configuration window, choose Cisco XCP Router as the service.

Step 4 From the Enable file transfer drop-down list, click On or Off.

Step 5 Click Save.

Step 6 Restart the Cisco XCP Router Service on every node in the cluster. For more information, see Restart Cisco

XCP Router service, on page 43.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/im_presence/deployment/9_1_1/CUP0_BK_D5B4C107_00_deployment-guide-for-imp-91.html

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: