cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for VDI (Windows client) with XSplit VCam image is red

Todd Volz
Level 1
Level 1

Jabber for VDI has a red tint over the entire image for the XSplit VCam video source.  Jabber for VDI had no problem with the original webcam.

I use XSplit VCam to replace my webcam background on my personal computer.  I use my personal computer to connect to my corporate VDI desktop via Vmware Horizon.  I use Jabber for VDI to increase the quality and flexibility of my video and audio connections.  I also use WebEx Meetings for VDI, Webex (Teams) for VDI and Zoom for VDI.

The Webex products (meetings and teams) for VDI and Zoom for VDI have no problem using the XSplit video source (or the actual camera).

As I have three other products that can use the XSplit video source over VDI it seems to be a problem with Jabber requesting some filtering on the video coming from xSplit.  Yes the video that I see on the screen of myself has a red tint and so does the video that other people see (the streamed video) is also tinted red.

I am currently running the following versions:

Jabber 12.9.3

Jabber for VDI agent 12.9.2.54552

JVDI client 12.9.0.53399 (on personal desktop)

WebEx Meetings Virtual Desktop Plug-in 40.11.4.15 (on personal desktop)

XSplit VCam 2.0.2011.1701 (Frontend 2.0.2012.1001 Driver 1.0.2009.1502) (on personal desktop)

VMWare Horizon Client 8.0.0.13243 (I opened a TAC case: 690349414 trying to get 5.5.0 working with WebEx for VDI, documentation was wrong for the Horizon Client versions supported (There is no version 7 Horizon client))

WebEx Meetings 40.12.5.14 (Today 12/18/2020)

WebEx (Teams) 40.12.0.17322

At the moment I do not have any other

Screenshots (should be inline but are also attached): (as the video is overlayed ontop of the VDI session the screen shot was captured from client machine)

0 Replies 0