cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Windows 10.5 randomly shuts down?

dbraggs107
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone running Jabber version 10.5.x and have it randomly shut down? I have a few users that I have witnessed an issue where the application will be running and randomly throughout the day the program just shutdown or disappears. They have to manually relaunch the app throughout the day. Has anyone run into this?

2 Replies 2

badamz777
Level 1
Level 1

Are you using SCCM?  I had this same issue and I found that SCCM was not properly detecting that the user had the install so was continuously uninstalling and reinstalling jabber.  This would make it appears as though it was "crashing" but in fact it was just doing the silent install very well.  Hope this helps

Our organization ran into this issue as well and there were multiple versions trying to be pushed that were causing the issue. While most software will abort if detecting a new version is installed, Jabber does not appear to follow this rule. Therefore, it was getting stuck in a loop of overwriting multiple versions. Removing the older version from the offering resolved the issue.