cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Windows 11.7 Audio

bhough
Level 5
Level 5

my jabber for windows 11.7.0 Build 42920 will not remember my audio selection for microphone: Logitech USB Headset

change it to logitech, click apply/Ok.

works

then file/exit

next log in file/options/audio, microphone: is back to "microphone array RealTek Audio"

*yes, have already gone into control panel/sound/manage devices and made the logitech headset "default" for everything.

windows 10 Dell Laptop Latitude E7470

opening tac case, will keep you posted

b

3 Replies 3

kevbo
Level 5
Level 5

You have probably already done this but it caught me out, make sure the device is selected in the advanced section and is top of the list of available devices.

Thanks Kevin, I had not gone into advanced and chose the headset, but did not move it up in the list.  It just had the check beside it.

But, it also must be first in list.

Setting it on the computer’s sound device order did not work.

TAC did show me this after we uninstalled, installed 11.6, uninstalled 11.6, then reinstalled 11.7.

Thanks for your reply to my post.

Brad

Security is Accuracy

Thought sets Intention

Brad Hough | CCNP Voice, CCNA Route Switch

Lead Network Design Engineer

Kent State University

We had this issue with version 11.5, so far we have been successful doing this.

Delete the following file deviceData3.properties it is located in the following location:

C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Roaming\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber\CSF\Config

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: