Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Windows 9.1 : Chat History Size

marc.ossart
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Cisco Team,

What is the limit (size or time) of chat history stored locally in Jabber for Windows 9.1 ?

Best regards,

Marc Ossart

Message was edited on April 19, 2013:  Lisa Marcyes from the Cisco Collaboration Community Team added community category and tags for greater ease in filtering (no change to content).

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

From a Cisco FAQ

Q) Does Jabber for windows support local IM history

A) yes, Jabber for windows will create a history of the last 99 messages in an IM conversation. These will shown in a greyed out state to indicate history when a IM conversation is opened. When a conversation reaches 100 messages the client will loop and overwrite the history. 

Q) Where is the IM history stored?
A) The IM history is stored in the windows local profile, example
C:\Users[userid]\AppData\Local\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber\CSF\History

Thanks

Srini

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

r.pennington
Level 5
Level 5

I believe it is 100 on the local machine

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your feedback. Do you mean 100 messages or 100 Kilobytes ?

Best regards,

Marc Ossart

From a Cisco FAQ

Q) Does Jabber for windows support local IM history

A) yes, Jabber for windows will create a history of the last 99 messages in an IM conversation. These will shown in a greyed out state to indicate history when a IM conversation is opened. When a conversation reaches 100 messages the client will loop and overwrite the history. 

Q) Where is the IM history stored?
A) The IM history is stored in the windows local profile, example
C:\Users[userid]\AppData\Local\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber\CSF\History

Thanks

Srini

Hi Srini,

Thanks a lot for your answer.

After your answer I found the FAQ you probably mention here in the Cisco Communicty site.

Let me share it here with all members in case somebody need to find something else :

https://communities.cisco.com/thread/28245

Best regards,

Marc

Yes that’s the one.

Thanks

Srini

Marc,

Thanks for the email, when I try to get to this community link I log in but it tells me I do not have access to that site.

Luke Nieuwsma

Network Engineer

Vermeer Corporation

SIP: lukenieuwsma@vermeer.com<mailto:lukenieuwsma@vermeer.com>

You need to be  a partner and have access to the Business video community

https://communities.cisco.com/community/partner/collaboration/bizvideo

If you cannot get access to it, ping Rick Dahl on the community to request access

Srini

lukenieuwsma
Level 1
Level 1

On the version 9.1 I am not seeing where you can adjust these history settings like you could in versions past.  Also, I have the history folder location on my hard drive but no history is being saved in my client.  As soon as my chat window is closed, everything is gone.  Anyone having the same issues?

Anyway to tune this to either days or drop the number stored down to less than 100?

Michael,

I recommend you also post this question to the Cisco Support Community. If you do a search of "Jabber Chat History," you will find a number of entries. I hope this helps.

Cisco Support Community

Thank you for participating in the Community.

Kelli Glass

Moderator for Cisco Customer Communities

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: