cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Windows 9.2(0) Installation Error

stewart699700
Level 1
Level 1

Is anyone else getting the following error when installing Jabber for Windows 9.2(0)?

Regards

Stewart

19 Replies 19

stewart699700
Level 1
Level 1

Error 2753. The File

'wbxcoiex.exe.FF7F3174_4C22_4C49_8AA0_8C53A41

D0F6F' is not marked for installation.

Can you do the following and see if it helps ?

32-Bit:

"C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\Cisco Jabber\wbxcOIEx.exe" /regserver

"C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\Cisco Jabber\x64\wbxcOIEx64.exe" /regserver

OR

64-bit:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco Systems\Cisco Jabber\wbxcOIEx.exe" /regserver

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco Systems\Cisco Jabber\x64\wbxcOIEx64.exe" /regserver

Regards

Christos

Hi have since unistalled version 9.1(5) which I was previously running and 9.2(0).

Therefore I have no Jabber files located on my PC.

I thought the issue maybe associated with WebEx tools so I have unistalled them as well.

I am now unable to install either 9.1(5) or 9.2(0), keep getting the same error, despite reboots etc.

Same issue here, did you get any further on a solution?

I'm getting this same issue with trying to install 9.2.1 this morning. Windows installer log is at

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fzikg6hgb10ccjc/MSI96fb4.LOG

The only way I could get it to install correctly is to run the MSI as a local admin.

I tried Christos suggestion and also used revouninstall but the same error occured.

Hope this helps.

Stewart

Still no go...  looks like its failing on PCs that have Windows 7 64bit and other webex tools installed.

Worked on all 32bit windows 7 PCs and 64bit machines that did not have webex tools installed.

That error normally appears when connect has not been uninstalled.

Do you have connect installed?

If so please uninstall connect then Install Jabber.

If not please try the below:

To resolve this issue please execute the following commands (depending on your OS being 32 or 64 bit) from an elevated (Admin) Windows command line.

32-Bit:

"C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\Cisco Jabber\wbxcOIEx.exe" /regserver    "C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\Cisco Jabber\x64\wbxcOIEx64.exe" /regserver

OR

64-bit: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco Systems\Cisco Jabber\wbxcOIEx.exe" /regserver

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco Systems\Cisco Jabber\x64\wbxcOIEx64.exe" /regserver

Regards,

Nebojsa

Occasionally installs can leave remnants in the registry.  You can try using the Microsoft FixIt Utility to remove them.

There is also this straightforward fix.

Let see if this helps.

Regards,

Nebojsa

hi Nebojsa

Unfortunately none of your suggestions resolve the issue.

The machine has never had webex connect installed.

I have tried both the /regserver and Microsoft FixIt tools and neither have helped.

Yes, you need to delete a registry key. Go to the registry editor by opening a run dialog and typing in 'regedit' Then go to

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\.  You'll need to Control+F to find 'Jabber' in those keys. Once you find  it, delete the entire registry key (it's a guid so it will vary). Find  all the keys that have Product Name Cisco Jabber and delete them. Then  you will be able to reinstall it.

We had the same problem and removing these keys worked.

Hi Knastase1

Tried the registry delete GUID trick and still not working...

Just ran into this myself and was able to fix it.

when Jabber installs by means of a global policy, and is upgraded by running the new version over the top of the existing one.

check: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\INstaller\Product.

now you will need to go through all the entries, or search for it. until you find a reference to CiscoJabber.exe.

remove that container and install Jabber again.  worked for me

the registry will therefore contain an installer entry pointing to the global policy deployed previous version of windows.

Jabber version 10.6

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

This fix worked for me.  Thanks knastase1