Do you have proper DNS in place??
Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App
Win2k8 domain controller with DNS .
A domain logged in Winxp system installed with W4J 9.2.1 is able to resolve the name of the presence and cucm.
but iam using ip address in place of server address and selecting presence as server type.
iam still getting "cannot communicate with server " error.
i did wireshark thing - i clearly see some communication happening between winxp client ( jabber) and presense server.
but unable to de-code exactly what's happening
What are you filling in for server address? and what domain?
Also, what is the server name you have configured on the CUPS server itself? (go to SUSTEM>CLUSTER TOPOLOGY)
(these names need to line up because of SSL server authentication)
also, can you ping the server from the Jabber client?
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.
hi dennis !
server type : presence
sserver address: 10.3.64.18
domain name : abc.com ......this are info iam filling in jabber client which is NOT domain logged in .
but i can ping thru ip address both cups and cucm.
servername in cups: 10.3.64.18 ( yes, ip address, ) yes, i can ping to / from jabber clinet to server .
A domain logged in winxp system with jabber client did not succeed as well iam getting the same error " cannot coomunicate with server"
i see that the jabber client did not download the jabber-config.xml file at all ,,, how can i make it sure that it certainly downloaded .
waiting for u reply
compartively , i was successfully able to logged from jabber for android client ( 8.6.1) in samsung s2 , using the BOTuser1 device name .
but windows for jabber client is having trouble logging in ,,, i dont see jabber-config.xml file in client report .
by xml look like this :
i did followed the cisco documentation in configuring server and client ,,, if every thing would ha
ve worked according to cisco documentation ,,,,we would not have forums and discussion groups....
I have the same problem. I am running 9.1.2 as well and CUP 8.6.4. I am going to try to go to 8.6.5 tonight and see what happens. Please update the forum if you find a solution.
I'm facing the same issue as well. What is strange is that of our 75 users, all but three work just fine, with the three not working exhibiting the same symptoms, which is "Cannot Communicate with Server". All stations are on the same subnet and I've tried 9.1.2, 9.2.1, and 9.2.2 clients. Since most similarly configured stations work just fine I don't believe there to be a DNS or Server issue. In fact, the three that can no longer log in were working just fine until a couple weeks ago when they just started saying "Cannot Communicate with Server".
Can you confirm if the connection details are correct in the File > Change connection settings dialog?
Would it be possible for you to upload a problem report here following these steps:
I actually got it working later that day by exporting the registry keys:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cisco Systems, Inc.\JabberWerxCpp
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Cisco Systems, Inc.\Client Services
from a machine that worked and it resolved the issue on the three machines that went AWOL.
I don't have any clients working, it is a new install. Could you be so kind as to post a screen shot of what the registry keys were? I will likely need to manually enter them to get this working. Seems strange though.
Had my colleague share the host file located at C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc from a machine that works and then replaced it under the same destination on my PC
I was able to sign in and I do not receive the above error anymore.
ok , i shave a update on this issue !
finally i got it worked , but i did the multiple task to figure it out ! here is the list ,, this is just my personal view not necessary it would be for others
1. I updated the jabber client to version 9.2.2
2. I updated my WinXP SP and joined to the domain . '
3. I Reinstalled the Presense 8.6.5 , but this time with corrent DNS Settings , i used the "cups865" as hostname as against ip address., and joined to
4. Deleted and Added the A record in DNS server ,etc..
5. jabber-config.xml file was re-installed as suggested above with correct format .
i gave a thought about the DNS settings as suggested by "Jaime Valencia " .. as the error was also
referring it to .
thanks for pointing in the right directions .... login is successfull,,got a lot of work on its features.
I had the issue too. Solution for me was DNS related. Since we did not have the FQDN of the server in our DNS it failed and to bypass I put it in the local hostfile (good way to test if you dont have access to the DNS servers). The domain had to match the user domain of the person logging in. for example
entry in the Host file of
in the server selction you would put in whatever resolves to the cups server (I used an IP pf 10.2.2.45)
domain is my user account domain in cups userdomain.com
user (Associated with userdomain.com)
then your password.
I am sure that is clear as mud, but it is basicly how ours worked. However, if you changed the domain on your server for the users, I had to restart my server to get it to work.
Also, jabber for iphone and android worked without any DNS required.