cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Windows 9.7.1 and Desktop Sharing?

Jason Aarons
Level 6
Level 6

I have setup CUCM/IM&P 10.0.1 and Jabber for Winodws 9.7.1 on two Windows XP SP3 clients.  I installed the Media Service Interface (msi_setup-4-0-2-0-7504.msi)

I did not setup a CSFXXXXX.  Just testing IM right now, plan to add a CSF device type later.

The two clients can IM each other fine, change Presence etc. But the Desktop Sharing in the top right corner is grayed out.  Why can't I share my desktop?

2 Replies 2

Amit Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You may want to take a note of this;

referring to the following link;

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_7/JABW_BK_C4C679C9_00_cisco-jabber-for-windows-97/JABW_BK_C4C679C9_00_cisco-jabber-for-windows-97_chapter_01.html#JABW_RF_SEF029A0_00

The windows XP is no longer supported with the latest release of jabber for windows.

With that being said can you confirm if the PC where you are testing this at should be daisy chained to the deskphone and the video calling should be enabled on the deskphone for this to work.

Please also make sure that the antivirus and windows firewall are turned off while testing.

Please rate if this helps.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Because you need to be on a call to use desktop sharing, doing that with just IM is not supported yet.

Also make sure you enabled BFCP.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate