cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber For Windows - Available Status on Hibernation

kelvin.j.owen
Level 1
Level 1

We're running Jabber for Windows 9.1.1 ansd see an issue which I think is casued by hiberantion.

A laptop user will be at their pc and and Available, then on leaving their desk, they would typically just close their pc lid, hibernating the pc,  and leave the building.

Their status stays as Available, when of course thay are not. I understand that CUP has not received a specific state change event to update their status, but does any one know if their is a timeout/keepalive that would eventually indicate the user is offline?

I've not had chance test this in detail yet, I've just noticed it a few times when users near me are no longer at their desk, but still show as available.

Has anyone out there come across this? Or do I need to be telling our users they should sign out of Jabber before hibernating their pc's?

Regards

Kelvin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It may be internal only. It's a well known bug though and a good few customer have hit it.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

coflaher
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If the PC actually hibernates, then the status should be changed to offline.

What version of Jabber are you using?

We're using Jabber for Windows 9.1.1. Build 12835 and CUP 8.6.4.12900-2

I've just been out with a colleague to a meeting and he was using Jabber on his Windows 7 pc whilst in the meeting (his status was Available). Before leaving the meeting, he Hibernated his pc, and on arrival back at his desk resumed his pc, and his Status was Away  (I'm not sure when his status would have changed to Away to other users), and stayed there. He had to manually change his status back to Available instead of it turning to Available automatically.  That's fairly typical of what happpens, though I have come across incidents as described above where the status remains at Available even though the user has hibernated the pc.

Thanks

Kelvin

This seems to be a bug.I think another customer may have already reported this. Can you open a TAC case on this? We can work on it through that TAC case.

- Colin

Hi Colin

thanks for the response. I'm off on leave after today until Mon 21 Jan, so on my return I'll contact our support partner and raise a TAC case.

Regards

Kelvin

Hi  All,

We have also been suffering from this issue ( I supect) - Running 9.1.2 client but it is also in 9.1.1.  Same CUPS 8.6 version etc.

Closing my PC lid  - PC Asleep

I can been seen as Away from another PC.

Opening my PC lid - I am still seen Away - both on my own jabber and a watcher client. I haven’t logged out and my status does not change even when I am back on the keyboard etc.

I can change it manually and then its appears correct both on my PC and the other PC.

Or

If I log out of jabber and back in – the correct status is shown both locally and remotely.

This appears confusing to the end user who thinks presence isn't working correctly. we have a number of jabebr users that move between locations for meetings and hence often just close thier PC lid and move locations. FYI - this also happens within the same site.

can you advise if there is a TAC case and if so if we can get an update ?

thanks

Russ

This is a known issue - CSCtz28780

This is planned to be resolved in 9.1.3 which is scheduled for release in early Feb.

Hi Colin

thanks for that - I won't bother raising a TAC case, we'll just wait for 9.1.3.

btw I can't look up that bug ID - I just get a 404 response.

Regards

Kelvin

It may be internal only. It's a well known bug though and a good few customer have hit it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: